• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking of Matting their Emira ?

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had matte PPF on my white RS6 and I'm pretty happy with it. Not sure how the matte finish would look like for the Atlantis Blue thou

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
matte PPF looks hood with gloss black lower and upper black pack. All the gloss black details like vents, etc look really good in this scheme.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had matte PPF on my white RS6 and I'm pretty happy with it. Not sure how the matte finish would look like for the Atlantis Blue thou
There are certain colors I think matte would look fantastic on (like Mist White). The deeper, rich colors like Atlantis I think would look much better glossy. The lines of the car are accentuated much more with all the reflections and light catching on different curves. Walk around the car on a semi overcast day and you’ll see the light do beautiful things to a car like this in combination with Atlantis.

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are certain colors I think matte would look fantastic on (like Mist White). The deeper, rich colors like Atlantis I think would look much better glossy. The lines of the car are accentuated much more with all the reflections and light catching on different curves. Walk around the car on a semi overcast day and you’ll see the light do beautiful things to a car like this in combination with Atlantis.
Thanks for sharing! I haven't seen an Atlantis Blue Emira in person yet. My car is still at least 3 months out :cautious:

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice - are you going to invest in Gloss PPF now and consider a color change later?
Yes, the car just got out of PPF. It’s actually a MUST. I got 3 rocks chips ON MY WAY TO GET PPF 🥹🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️… and on this color they show like crazy. White spots sticking out like a soar thumb. I wasn’t sure I was going to PPF since I was planning on wrapping it eventually but honestly you kind of HAVE to with dark emiras so yes I actually like this color a lot so I got it PPf and ceramic coated c will keep it for 3 years or so then either do a stealth or an entire new wrap

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also to give you an idea, This is what shadow gray looks from up close. LOTS of different flakes and color variations, it’s actually an amazing color so I’ll show it off all shiny for a while it looks great in the sun. But eventually I’ll just pick a satin color down the road just to change things up a bit
IMG_6490.jpeg

Drevil

Reaction score
I was considering it (on the blue)... but I'd really want to see it in person before committing to doing the whole car.
Or I guess I could do it on the cheap, and let the kids wash the car a few times 😬

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried mating my Bentley Continental GT with the Lotus Emira.
The new baby would be best of British.
His/Her name will be Bentus, and last name Emental.

Unfortunately, with the technology within my reach, the mating didn´t succeed.
It proved to be impossible to pair the middle engine with the front engine.

Maybe I should think of a cross between Bentley and 911. A Bentche.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried mating my Bentley Continental GT with the Lotus Emira.
The new baby would be best of British.
His/Her name will be Bentus, and last name Emental.

Unfortunately, with the technology within my reach, the mating didn´t succeed.
It proved to be impossible to pair the middle engine with the front engine.

Maybe I should think of a cross between Bentley and 911. A Bentche.
Go home Bilbao... you're drunk. Again.

:)

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a Matte Seneca Blue and a buddy of mine has a Matte red. From personal experience, the gloss and matte generate two very different looks and everyone has their preference. What I will say, is that the (satin) matte finish of the PPF actually highlights the lines of the car because the surrounding environment and colors do not reflect on the car, so all you are left with is the original color with different shades of light/dark that draw attention to all the lines.
A clear example of this is the line that goes from just behind the front wheel and blends into the side air scoop. this was hardly noticeable when the car was gloss, but very evident now.
In my case, I left blackpack in gloss, so there is a nice contrast with the bodycolour.

PSY09953.jpg
tempImageGM0H75.jpg
LR-Enhanced-NR-3.jpg
PSY00176 copy.jpg
0A980122-FEFB-43A9-A759-0EE659B1E833.JPG

for comparison, this was my car on delivery:

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

Last edited:

Drevil

Reaction score
I have a Matte Seneca Blue and a buddy of mine has a Matte red. From personal experience, the gloss and matte generate two very different looks and everyone has their preference. What I will say, is that the (satin) matte finish of the PPF actually highlights the lines of the car because the surrounding environment and colors do not reflect on the car, so all you are left with is the original color with different shades of light/dark that draw attention to all the lines.
A clear example of this is the line that goes from just behind the front wheel and blends into the side air scoop. this was hardly noticeable when the car was gloss, but very evident now.
In my case, I left blackpack in gloss, so there is a nice contrast with the bodycolour.

View attachment 40618View attachment 40623View attachment 40624View attachment 40619View attachment 40620

for comparison, this was my car on delivery:

View attachment 40627
View attachment 40626
Really great thanks for your viewpoint. In the end are you glad you did it? Does it retain a pretty unique high class look ? Could you pm me a price if you don’t mind sharing? Thanks for taking the time to post all those photos !

driv300mph

Reaction score

@Golden Parrot Do you think we could get a brief walk-around video of your ride for a real-world example? All of your pictures are beautiful, but it appears they have a touch of editing that makes it hard to see what it looks like in real life. 🙏

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Golden Parrot Do you think we could get a brief walk-around video of your ride for a real-world example? All of your pictures are beautiful, but it appears they have a touch of editing that makes it hard to see what it looks like in real life. 🙏
Sure. Give me a couple of days since I’m busy with work, then I’ll do a quick video after washing the car.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Atlantis Blue with Matte

m7jack2z89qc1.jpeg
This is actually a DV car with a complete color change wrap. This blue is only available as a wrap color.

I believe no one has posted a Satin Atlantis blue yet.

Here’s the thread.

Drevil

Reaction score
This is actually a DV car with a complete color change wrap. This blue is only available as a wrap color.

I believe no one has posted a Satin Atlantis blue yet.

Here’s the thread.
That’s so awesome thanks so much. So now that you have it in this finish do you think that it enhances the appearance in person? I think it looks fantastic on photos, but I’m wondering for my Seneca if I should do a satin finish. any chance you could PM me the approximate cost? I’m wondering if my dealer can arrange to do this and wrap it into the financing

Drevil

Reaction score
What do you think about Seneca blue and Matt finish? I was just at the dealership in California and with a slightly overcast day. The Seneca looked really dull, to be honest with you in a standard finish.

driv300mph

Reaction score

Drevil

Reaction score
What do you think about Seneca blue and Matt finish? I was just at the dealership in California and with a slightly overcast day. The Seneca looked really dull, to be honest with you in a standard finish.

Sure. Give me a couple of days since I’m busy with work, then I’ll do a quick video after washing the car.
That would be really awesome, thank you!