• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Aerie Ti Emira exhaust installation

I noticed that the valve servo was the same brand as the one on my 992 GT3 (that I recently straight cat-backed). I borrowed one and installed it in place of the servo on the Emira. So far it is working perfectly - no CELs yet.

Here is a link to the modules: A GT3 uses two, so they are sold in pairs.

Valve Delete Modules

View attachment 41911
Could you give an update once you've run this for a while? If this works, I'm going to order them as well and probably get a local exhaust shop to remove the valve altogether and weld in a titanium section to the Aerie exhaust.
Many thanks!

I am having similar issues after installing the Ti muffler, decat pipe and Y-pipe. But my code is P139 and P159 meaning both O2 sensors are "slow to respond". I only get the CEL but no limp mode and it drives normally. My garage suspects that the Y-pipe has a larger diameter than stock and that affects the O2 sensor. We are switching back to stock Y-pipe but keeping the muffler and decat pipe to see if CEL comes on again. Aeries has been very helpful in trying to find a solution but it seems Emira has a new ECU that works differently than the past and it affects exhaust mod that normally should not throw codes.
Just to give an update that after going back to stock Y-pipe, w/ Aeries Ti muffler, there has not been any CEL at all. It works smoothly so I will just keep the exhaust in place. Jason has been very helpful thru out the process. Wish they would make a straight pipe version with even louder sound!

Just to give an update that after going back to stock Y-pipe, w/ Aeries Ti muffler, there has not been any CEL at all. It works smoothly so I will just keep the exhaust in place. Jason has been very helpful thru out the process. Wish they would make a straight pipe version with even louder sound!
Not saying that it’s not the new exhaust, but has the lotus dealer taken a look? My Emira has the same codes (stock exhaust) and they determined that the o2 sensors are faulty and the cats are not reading right so they are replacing both under warranty

Not saying that it’s not the new exhaust, but has the lotus dealer taken a look? My Emira has the same codes (stock exhaust) and they determined that the o2 sensors are faulty and the cats are not reading right so they are replacing both under warranty
Your dealer determined that? With an aftermarket exhaust fitted? Just trying to determine whether I install mine or not.

Your dealer determined that? With an aftermarket exhaust fitted? Just trying to determine whether I install mine or not.
Sorry I should clarify. I have the stock exhaust and was getting those codes so the dealer will replace the sensors and cats.

I will probably get an aftermarket TI exhaust from GRP after all the sensor/cat issues are sorted out

I did not go to the dealer with the aftermarket Y-pipe and exhaust with CEL on! I am pretty sure they would find it a convenient excuse to void my warranty. After going back to stock Y-pipe and continue with Aeries Ti exhaust (and code cleared), I did go back to the dealer for maintenance service which they checked the ECU as well. Didn't mention a thing so I assume my O2 sensors are working properly and I have not had any engine codes since then. My take is that installing Aeries or aftermarket exhaust w/ or w/o decat pipe is totally fine. But installing aftermarket Y-pipe or headers may need more planning as it might need ECU mod as well.

I did not go to the dealer with the aftermarket Y-pipe and exhaust with CEL on! I am pretty sure they would find it a convenient excuse to void my warranty. After going back to stock Y-pipe and continue with Aeries Ti exhaust (and code cleared), I did go back to the dealer for maintenance service which they checked the ECU as well. Didn't mention a thing so I assume my O2 sensors are working properly and I have not had any engine codes since then. My take is that installing Aeries or aftermarket exhaust w/ or w/o decat pipe is totally fine. But installing aftermarket Y-pipe or headers may need more planning as it might need ECU mod as well.
Based on my experience, I would agree with this assessment.

I‘m waiting to get my car back after all the OEM exhaust bits were reinstalled and new Cats/O2 sensors fitted.

If I ever put the 3rd Cat delete, Milltek exhaust/controller back on the car, probably won’t install the non-OEM mid pipe.

A lot of variables are at play.

Back