• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

0-100 km/h, 3.64S

These are absolutely insane times. If I understand correctly, you have a titanium exhaust and carbon seats but no tune right? Guess for N/A we'll be really looking out for a proper ECU tune to atleast get us to the 400hp see in NYO Emiras
Yeah just that and some suspension modifications, as it is mostly used for track. As far as I know, we have sent out 3 ecu to Finland, Germany, and Austria to be unlocked and came back with no luck. I have also checked with Cobb and JB4, they have no plan so wish us luck lol

Yeah just that and some suspension modifications, as it is mostly used for track. As far as I know, we have sent out 3 ecu to Finland, Germany, and Austria to be unlocked and came back with no luck. I have also checked with Cobb and JB4, they have no plan so wish us luck lol
For ECU tuning (unlock) you should contact guys from EST Performance:

They have successfully tuned Mercedes A45 S AMG.

Video:

For ECU tuning (unlock) you should contact guys from EST Performance:

They have successfully tuned Mercedes A45 S AMG.

Video:
Thats good to know, thanks bro, do you know if they are trustworthy?

@675430VME I think that on this forum are guys from England and maybe they know or have more info if EST performance is trustworthy. As I know they are well known company in England.

Emira 2.0 has really good potential, 0-100km/h for only 3.64S, with just a full exhaust system and lightweight seats.

I noticed it's in the city of Zhongshan (Dr. San Yatsen). Incidentally the new Shenzhen-Zhongshan bridge will be officially open next month. 25 miles x 8 lanes of brand new tarmac. The Emira would be perfect for the bridge's maiden run.

Attachments

• 1000018948.jpg
    1000018948.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1000018588.jpg
    1000018588.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1000018587.jpg
    1000018587.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
@675430VME I think that on this forum are guys from England and maybe they know or have more info if EST performance is trustworthy. As I know they are well known company in England.
Contacted EST and they are interested, anyone local in Brit should drop them an email

Very solid

Attachments

• 0b7d683bdf8b0555889df909d62ec248.JPG
    0b7d683bdf8b0555889df909d62ec248.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 40
I noticed it's in the city of Zhongshan (Dr. San Yatsen). Incidentally the new Shenzhen-Zhongshan bridge will be officially open next month. 25 miles x 8 lanes of brand new tarmac. The Emira would be perfect for the bridge's maiden run.
Looks nice, just curious how much is Emira going for in HK?

With the exception of ecu, there are already lot of parts in China. This car has a Mach5 200 cat without GPF, and BG titanium mid-pipe and cat-back. The cat-back exhaust is similar to what GRP offers with the straight pipe outside of the muffler except the muffler-can is much smaller. Seats are Recaro Podium CF. Running with a 3 degree camber.
I'm very curious about your experience mounting the Recaro Podiums into the Emira. Do you have a post on this anywhere online? What runners did you end up using? Or are they fixed?

I'm very curious about your experience mounting the Recaro Podiums into the Emira. Do you have a post on this anywhere online? What runners did you end up using? Or are they fixed?
Emira custom made bracket with Recaro runners

Attachments

• IMG_5040.JPG
    IMG_5040.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 32
Wow, that is $217,890 USD at today's exchange rates. As much as I love the Emira I'm not sure I could justify it at that price. Yikes!
You and me both, there are lots of contenders in that price range

Sound is not bad after a fully modified exhaust system. The sound is really crazy on site, just hard to capture on the phone.
How much did the exhaust cost? Did it make much difference to the sound inside the car? I am in China which looks like you are as well. The other thing that could do with improving is the mapping of the gearbox, while faster and more convenient than the V6 is can at times be caught out. I have driven both the V6 and the i4 on a race track and the i4 was much better around the corners and much faster (lighter, more powerful, more gears, better back-end etc) plus it is more convenient in big cities.

Wow, that is $217,890 USD at today's exchange rates. As much as I love the Emira I'm not sure I could justify it at that price. Yikes!
LOL it's market dynamics. Same in Taiwan, similar price point, we're sub $200K here, but just by a little :)
How much did the exhaust cost? Did it make much difference to the sound inside the car? I am in China which looks like you are as well. The other thing that could do with improving is the mapping of the gearbox, while faster and more convenient than the V6 is can at times be caught out. I have driven both the V6 and the i4 on a race track and the i4 was much better around the corners and much faster (lighter, more powerful, more gears, better back-end etc) plus it is more convenient in big cities.
agreed, the AMG engines are engineered well for performance, sound, etc.
:)

I use to go back and forth between Guangzhou and Cali, but now mostly in China. High flow cat is about 13000 rmb. Mid pipe and titanium catback is 18000 rmb, so around 31000 rmb altogether. As far as I know, it has been tested more than 10000 km without CEL. Sound is loud inside the cabin.

Last edited:
That’s a good time, and entirely because of the gearshift.

If you watch that YouTube vid where they drag race the V6 and it does it in 4.1 seconds, they clearly say that the gearchange costs half a second.
So in terms of real performance (ie. how they actually accelerate) they are both sub 4 second cars.

If you stuck a good DCT on the V6 I’m quite sure it would produce a very similar time to the one at the start of this thread.

But a lot of people just enjoy the interaction that an old school manual brings to the table and don’t care so much about numbers.
I have driven both and purchased the i4 (easier in China because the power is the same but the torque is up). I use the paddle shifts for serious driving, but only above 80km because the first two gears are very low and the DCT is faster than I can change. My feeling is that they are different cars, but both good in different ways. They both sound great but different when pushed. It is personal opinion and lifestyle and location. I live in Shanghai so to get where I want to drive the DCT is the only answer - the auto V6 is the worst of all worlds.

I use to go back and forth between Guangzhou and Cali, but now mostly in China. High flow cat is about 13000 rmb. Mid pipe and titanium catback is 18000 rmb, so around 31000 rmb altogether. As far as I know, it has been tested more than 10000 km without CEL. Sound is loud inside the cabin.
Thank you.

Back