Would you rather?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My first poll…

Would you rather wait an unknown period of time to get your ideal build OR would you rather get the first FE off the line BUT it’s configurator roulette style?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My first poll…

Would you rather wait an unknown period of time to get your ideal build OR would you rather get the first FE off the line BUT it’s configurator roulette style?
Hmmm.... build it right versus take what you can get?
I say it's worth the wait to "make it mine"
Life is already random enough.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’d prefer my own build but without knowing how long it will take to get my own build have entered into getting a V6 FE earlier and risk having my pants pulled down on paying over the odds for the FE options.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm too excited and impatient! ASAP please, Lotus take my money :)

On the flip side, I'm reasonably confident if I then decide I'd like one of the extra colours or own-spec with less options or the future GT430 version that I could sell my V6 FE and get the next version without losing too much money.

And in the meantime I'll have enjoyed driving a brilliant car rather than waiting for the one with 30 more hp, carbon seats and in Laser Blue.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

On the flip side, I'm reasonably confident if I then decide I'd like one of the extra colours or own-spec with less options or the future GT430 version that I could sell my V6 FE and get the next version without losing too much money.

And in the meantime I'll have enjoyed driving a brilliant car rather than waiting for the one with 30 more hp, carbon seats and in Laser Blue.
Ah the Option C: B then A with the “flip”. :)

Lotushavefun

Reaction score

I'm with @TomE I have decided as well to take it now and flip if necessary! Either way I'm good! If we only had a time machine! 🤪

DenzilP

Reaction score
Hopefully I near the top of the list for a i4 first edition, so banking on seeing the v6 ones in different colour options and then I will be able to make my final decision. But after hearing the v6 and reading this post, now wishing I went for a v6. Roll on 2022.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hopefully I near the top of the list for a i4 first edition, so banking on seeing the v6 ones in different colour options and then I will be able to make my final decision. But after hearing the v6 and reading this post, now wishing I went for a v6. Roll on 2022.
It’s going to be a long year.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If I wait are the initial bugs already all worked out? Are more options available? Either way, I'd wait. Some of you have too much money if you're willing to spend $100k on a car someone else randomly specs.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If I wait are the initial bugs already all worked out? Are more options available? Either way, I'd wait. Some of you have too much money if you're willing to spend $100k on a car someone else randomly specs.
Yup. In this hypothetical scenario, the longer the wait the more bugs are worked out and more options available.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup. In this hypothetical scenario, the longer the wait the more bugs are worked out and more options available.

Yeah, I'll wait. Give me a verde ithaca or pure white v6 manual with carbon buckets and forged wheels and I'm sold. I'm still on board for a FE, but I 100% plan to flip it in a couple years when the Emira GT is announced and lists open.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll wait. Give me a verde ithaca or pure white v6 manual with carbon buckets and forged wheels and I'm sold. I'm still on board for a FE, but I 100% plan to flip it in a couple years when the Emira GT is announced and lists open.
Yup. That’s Plan C for a few folks. :)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My first poll…

Just moved myself out of FE V6 to Base edition V6 and should get one of the early ones as my original deposit was July 14th. Happy to wait and see how year 1 production goes and see what colours, options etc are available on the base. Le Mans 2024 now for my Emira’s debut !

Rob

Reaction score
Just moved myself out of FE V6 to Base edition V6 and should get one of the early ones as my original deposit was July 14th. Happy to wait and see how year 1 production goes and see what colours, options etc are available on the base. Le Mans 2024 now for my Emira’s debut !
I did the same, July 12th deposit, although my delay decision was based on getting a new property build finished before I take delivery. I am very much drawn to the white with black pack rendering on the other thread 😍 so will order a base and spec myself when I can.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Considering the same thing. Not happy to wait, but I know myself well enough to know that I may have regretted not waiting for those 7 other colors and ADAS.

Still debating...

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I’m with you on this. Take now the sooner the better

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m not waiting, want the car now!. I bought one of the first S2 Elise and I think it was better than many later built one’s. This was confirmed by some Lotus drivers when driving it on their track days. Lotus will put a lot of effort in to make sure the early builds are good as this is key to maintain their sales! 🤞:)