World renowned car designer, Frank Stephenson, weighs in on the latest design from Lotus: The Emira

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not a fan at all of any aspects he re-designed. Outside of the twin exhaust and only linking the top brake light as one uniform line.

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'll have to see the Emira in person before I can decide what visual improvements would make it even better.

OP
CanadianEmira

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not a fan at all of any aspects he re-designed. Outside of the twin exhaust and only linking the top brake light as one uniform line.
Agreed. I’d only take a uniform brake light and maybe get rid of the three separate heat sink design. I like the cars design more than his overall though.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Was an interesting exercise but I think he completely sterilized the side profile. Funny ‘cause he kinda made it look like a Ferrari but not a very nice looking one..
I completely agree, almost everything he did was sterile and reduced the tension and visual drama in the design. I also believe that some of his ideas would have been counter-productive when viewed from a different angle. He was full of praise for the design and may have been better leaving it at that. Someone as talented as him will know that a design as cohesive as the Emira's makes it very hard to change any one aspect without losing the essence of the whole.