Where in the allocation list is your car?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was wondering if people know where they are in the new car queue?

I’ve asked Lotus a couple of times and been fobbed off yet I’ve seen a few people saying they know what slot number they have.

I’m down for a July car as I placed my deposit on launch day (a few days before Goodwood) but that’s all I know.

Number 100? I doubt it….
Number 1,000? Maybe
Number 5,000? Hopefully not…

If you know your slot number, how come? Who do you ask?

Also I know that the deliveries etc won’t go exactly on slot order… I’m just interested as I’ve never put a deposit in so quickly before so am a little too overexcited to get an early allocation car!

Customer Care do have the info but are usually reluctant to give it out. I’d already found out via other contacts at Hethel but asked CC too to see if they’d tell me. They gave a range rather than an exact number.

There were about 100-120 UK deposits before the 6 July reveal. By morning of 8 July (start of Goodwood) they had about 500. About 60-70% of early deposits opted for V6 FE. So if your deposit was 6 July you‘re soon after #80ish and before #300ish. They’re delivering about 200 cars in July, so you’re somewhere 80-200ish.

Not long now. What’s your spec and are you collecting from Hethel or deale/home delivery?

Went DV, then got cold feet and locked in Blue with full black pack and black alloys. Was going to collect it from Bell & Colvill but decided a factory trip was a good idea 👍

No Clue really.

I am i4 but afternoon 8th July order and in the Nov build Dec delivery slot. I am aware on one on here who has a Nov delivery i4 but most are Dec delivery or early 2023 so I guess I am in the first 200 i4's, prob more like 100-200 range but I am guessing really.

July 8 here in Toronto, Canada. Still haven’t had a single call about anything, no 2nd deposit or order entry yet…

I asked the salesman I'm dealing with at the dealership. He's sort of the middleman with Hethel, though Hethel did directly email me a confirmation email when I got in their reservation system. And they email me marketing and product updates (not through my dealer middleman).

Anyway, I was #40 on the V6 FE list then worked with my dealer to drop me down to #3 on the V6 BE list because I want a non-FE color. I'm behind 2 others who were ahead of me on the FE list then switched to BE (we FE dropouts get first dibs on BE).

I’ve asked Lotus a couple of times and been fobbed off yet I’ve seen a few people saying they know what slot number they have.

I’m down for a July car as I placed my deposit on launch day (a few days before Goodwood) but that’s all I know.

Number 100? I doubt it….
Number 1,000? Maybe

Also I know that the deliveries etc won’t go exactly on slot order… I’m just interested as I’ve never put a deposit in so quickly before so am a little too overexcited to get an early allocation car!
Are you in US?

July 8 here in Toronto, Canada. Still haven’t had a single call about anything, no 2nd deposit or order entry yet…
Which dealer did you place a deposit with? I am at Oakville. I placed mine in September so a little later. For a July deposit I would think you should have received a call. I can't imagine that Lotus dealers in Canada will actually go in the order of when it is placed. Customer's with trade-in's and 'loyal" clients will probably jump ahead. If anyone knows that information would be great.

Then again I am fairly bitter with dealers these days (not all are bad) and customer service in general. Although I will say Lotus Oakville has always responded to me when I have asked a question. Even tho they avoid letting customers know their exact place in line. I can understand from a certain perspective why they would withhold that info, as a business. As a customer new to a brand like Lotus that does not have an established dealer network, you would think Lotus HQ would be all over them to conduct themselves in a certain manner. Honestly, I couldn't fathom walking into either Lotus dealers in the GTA and placing an order for an electric suv that is 150K+ (starting). I don't know about other cities, but I am surprised that they haven't been forced to upgrade their service or dealerships.

I know the grand touring dealer group from Toronto has a Calgary Location that is a Lotus dealer. I have a friend that placed an order there and he says it's been great to deal with them. I hope Grand Touring Toronto picks up the Lotus brand as well. They sell high end brands already and it would for sure fit their dealer group I think.

Anyone else here deal with Lotus Oakville? What was the experience like?

No Clue really.

I am i4 but afternoon 8th July order and in the Nov build Dec delivery slot. I am aware on one on here who has a Nov delivery i4 but most are Dec delivery or early 2023 so I guess I am in the first 200 i4's, prob more like 100-200 range but I am guessing really.
I'm the same - 8th July afternoon deposit - i4 - November build December delivery....

Number 100? I doubt it….
Number 1,000? Maybe

Who knows for sure? I'm just trying to put it out of my mind. I heard my Dealer was allocated 12 cars next year with 70 depositors. I asked my dealer rep to see if she might be able to ball-park where I stand and she never got back to me. I suppose that means I'm near the bottom and not seeing a car 'till sometime in '24....maybe! sigh, I remember what a professor told me once: "Don't worry about things out of your control."
Easier said then done but that's what I'm gunna try to do..:)