What's the first mod you did or plan to do for your Emira?

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
First thing I plan to is trailer my Emira to my PPF guy and have the entire car wrapped in Xpel PPF and then coat with Feynlab Ceramic.

Curious what others plan to do?

PPF for me too, but I wouldn't really consider that a mod. I'll probably do a 3rd cat delete first, though I'd also like to get some deviated stitching on the steering wheel and shift boot. Might just remove the shift boot all together and paint match the trim around it.

PPF for me too, but I wouldn't really consider that a mod. I'll probably do a 3rd cat delete first, though I'd also like to get some deviated stitching on the steering wheel and shift boot. Might just remove the shift boot all together and paint match the trim around it.
Yeah... I might do the 3rd cat delete as well. Also considering removing the leather boot if it still looks clean and finished without it.

PPF, third cat delete, change the nose and wheel Lotus badges over to the black ones (Hethel Yellow car with full black pack).
Did you manage to find a decent black one,Tom?

I got an advertised aluminium badge which actually came in as plastic,to stick over the existing badge,not ideal but OK for a start.

Ideally i want a metal solid one but not sure how that would fit nor how to remove the original.

I think I saw komotec do these??

I agree with many here, full PPF, third cat delete. I’ll add laser jammer and radar detector install.

Down the line, if there are any orange side markers that bother me, change to clear. Possibly upgraded wing mirror glass with larger field of vision.

PPF, third cat delete, change the nose and wheel Lotus badges over to the black ones (Hethel Yellow car with full black pack).
1672484274268.jpeg
1672484274268.jpeg
Is anyone on the forum with a car in possession relatively close to:
Aliath
Taunton
Somerset
United Kingdom
Tel: 07376066758
They do PPF self install kits (very competitively priced), would love to get that centre console around the handbrake and cup holders protected asap, preferably available to fit myself in addition to whatever other options I decide upon later! I'm sure if they could secure an order from at least the majority of members on this forum it would be worth their while in creating a template?

get underneath it and spray ACF-50 everywhere the sun don't shine.

If like previous models the accountants were in charge of speccing the materials the basic fasteners are made of then this is essential. Machine screws into spire clips and the like will be red rusty in no time and seized solid.
I hope I'm completely wrong and the steel/passivate/zinc is good enough.

I think a big issue is the quality of the steel. When renovating my elan (in order to keep as many original bits as possible) I blasted lots of fasteners then passivate coated or zinc plated myself at home. The steel was still in fantastic condition. More modern similar fasteners are junk once corroded.

As almost everyone has said a 3rd cat delete, I’ll also look into a way to control the exhaust valve instead of it opening only at ~3K rpm. Other than that it’s hard to tell as there isn’t much to choose from just yet :)

Where do you get the black badges?

I ordered privacy glass so I need to tint the front windows to match the other ones.

Partial PPF once templates are available and installers can apply it without using a knife to the paint.

Third cat delete is TBD. I will need to drive the car for a few months to see how I like it in stock form. It sounds pretty good from the outside as is.

Coating exterior and detailing interior ,

Polish tail pipes on the non black pack to see if I can recover metal look on it and not satin

3d cat delete, etc I will wait some months at the beginning

Did you manage to find a decent black one,Tom?

I got an advertised aluminium badge which actually came in as plastic,to stick over the existing badge,not ideal but OK for a start.

Ideally i want a metal solid one but not sure how that would fit nor how to remove the original.

I think I saw komotec do these??
Where do you get the black badges?

I haven't had confirmation yet from any of the current aftermarket suppliers about them doing the Emira nose badge in black/silver. The Emira nose badge is larger than the Evora one. The wheel centre caps should be the same as the Evora ones.

For the nose badge you probably want a new resin or enamel one to replace the factory badge. Wheel centre caps can be resin or vinyl ones to stick on top of the existing ones.

Note the logo and font has changed over the years, so you need to decide if you want current or previous versions:

History-of-Lotus-Logos.png

These folks have supplied Evora badges in the past, so I'm expecting Emira ones to be available: