What's going to be the next step?

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For the early depositors like myself, what's going to happen once production of US vehicles starts? Will there be an additional deposit? If so, any guesses what it will be?

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Depends on your dealer. Lotus only required the initial, refundable deposit of $2500. Anything beyond that is your dealer. From what I hear, most don't require anything extra. My dealer doesn't. They'll just let me know in advance when they're expecting the car for delivery.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah depends on your dealer and state and how your dealer operates within your state's laws. You should ask your dealer.

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm in at $5K to the dealer with a "promised" December build and late 1st quarter delivery. No other $s are due up to pre-delivery.

chris_los

Reaction score
I just placed my order last week in Vancouver, and it was a $2500 refundable deposit until my order is submitted, and then it's a further $7500 that is non-refundable.

kljman

Reaction score
For the early depositors like myself, what's going to happen once production of US vehicles starts? Will there be an additional deposit? If so, any guesses what it will be?
I just place my build order for production and my dealer didn’t ask for any more money. I have a 2500 deposit. I think they have so many on the waiting list they are not worried

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just place my build order for production and my dealer didn’t ask for any more money. I have a 2500 deposit. I think they have so many on the waiting list they are not worried
I placed my build order with the dealer about a month ago and ponied up the required $5K.

Nitro

Reaction score
Varies by state. In California the dealer is required to allow full refund of deposits up until delivery of the car. So we can walk away at any moment at no cost.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Varies by state. In California the dealer is required to allow full refund of deposits up until delivery of the car. So we can walk away at any moment at no cost.
Same here (Florida) on a walk away. Albeit once the car is delivered (to their lot) you will forfeit your $2500 on a walk away. However, the $2500 reservation deposit are the only up-front funds required from reservation to delivery.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
DO check different dealers in the area. The first one I approached wants $5K but the one I placed my order with ( 13 miles further from my home) only wants $2500.