What are you driving until the Emira arrives?

Sheldon

Reaction score
Sep-09-2021-Fast Toys Club (Thu)-Around the pits-WS2_4260_Sep0921_116PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Finally back from the shop after 2 months bc of a wiring harness issue

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Just in case someone wants to get a GT350 to hold them over until the Emira arrives...

Sheldon

Reaction score
Is that a known issue with the GT350 or were you just the lucky one?
@Dragoon I think I just got lucky with my 2019. Some of the earlier models had engine failures. I know another guy whose 2019 also spent a while in the shop. But Ford fixed his as well and it’s running fine now.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
@Dragoon I think I just got lucky with my 2019. Some of the earlier models had engine failures. I know another guy whose 2019 also spent a while in the shop. But Ford fixed his as well and it’s running fine now.
I'm glad to hear Ford is making it right and it's running well now. That engine sounds so good that I think it makes that car extra special.

BubbaMcCranky

Reaction score
Add me to the list of regret for selling my last fun car. 2016 911 GTS. I've regretted it every day since.... Sold it specifically so I could get the Emira. Was driving our F-150 until recently, when I picked up a Mini Cooper to drive around in. I absolutely love that car!! View attachment 1127

View attachment 1128
Me too. I’m amazed at how much I enjoy driving my Cooper even though it has about ½ the HP of the sports cars.

Salokin

Reaction score
My daily driver is a BMW M3. Family car is a Alpine D3. Car to play with is my Exige Cup 260.

Attachments

• E6BAD1F2-E526-40F7-9625-4910E0C53DD2.jpeg
    E6BAD1F2-E526-40F7-9625-4910E0C53DD2.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 64
  • CC2B42BB-91F9-482C-8782-4AB03D2DEAE9.jpeg
    CC2B42BB-91F9-482C-8782-4AB03D2DEAE9.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 9B1429C3-6A56-4B26-A5AF-F765DB91250C.jpeg
    9B1429C3-6A56-4B26-A5AF-F765DB91250C.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 64

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
What wheels have you put on, look perfect!
Its BCForged HCA162 2pc 21’
Thank you for liking it.
Yes Im torn if I will sell it when the Emira arrives. Its a perfect car for me if your not too much concerned with numbers. Its fast enough for me.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Been disconnected from the posts all week for a reason you will all agree here for sure.

Here it is! I am not New to Lotus anymore !

After thinking a lot about selling my DB9, I decided to keep it, and adding a Lotus to the family!.

I just bought the only Evora 2019 410 Sport that was left at the dealership in Spain.

This was a dealer demo car with only 7.000 kms.
Sport settings, carbon bits, Auto, Cup2s.

I just did a trip along the North Coast of Spain, roughly 1.000 kms, and here is my impression:

Amazing handling and cornering in dry conditions, much better than the Aston.
Comfortable enough on highway, although a little bit harder and noisier than the Aston. Partly because of the difference between the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and the Cup 2´s

As has been stated in the Forum, the Cup2´s are a killer in wet.
On the way back, heavy rain, at 100 km/hour found a patch of water over a long bridge overtaking a truck and the car just flew sideways, spin three times and managed to control it, I still don´t know how. No injuries to me or the car, a miracle.
LESSON learned: Evora for dry and Emira with Eagles for all weather.
As per the 416 hp, unless you want to track it, more than enough power, on twisty roads you don't really miss any extra power.
The combo of steering, suspension, engine and lightness is just perfect to enjoy our twisty roads.
The Auto transmission works really fine, and actually 2nd and 3rd gear are all I need for B roads, only 4th gear from time to time.
Amazing that engine between 4.700 and 7.000 rpms, and the sound, of course different than the beautiful V12 of the Aston or the growling V8 of the Range SVR. I plan on keeping all of them and add the Emira when it comes.

Definitely a keeper alongside the Emira.

Next Monday, the Seneca Blue of the European Tour is coming to Bilbao. I will see it on the flesh for the first time, although everything has been said about this car. If it came with a real engine I would steal it for sure!

IMG_27641.jpg
IMG_27651.jpg

Fyuen1

Reaction score
Currently have a 2018 Mercedes E400 coupe and a BMW G30. Not yet decide which one to keep along with the Emira.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great write-up, luckily nothing happened to you or the car. The Evora looks great in that spec, it‘s looks really grew on me during the last few months. If I got it right, the Emira should be a bit softer than the GT 410 sport even if fitted with sport suspension. But most importantly it reconfirmes that the Cup 2s are transforming the car from being usable to being a toy. You can only really use the car when the weather is good. That‘s ok if it‘s not a daily for the most part, but if you plan on doing bigger road trips, you can really get in trouble with those tires.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Been disconnected from the posts all week for a reason you will all agree here for sure.

Here it is! I am not New to Lotus anymore !

After thinking a lot about selling my DB9, I decided to keep it, and adding a Lotus to the family!.

I just bought the only Evora 2019 410 Sport that was left at the dealership in Spain.

This was a dealer demo car with only 7.000 kms.
Sport settings, carbon bits, Auto, Cup2s.

I just did a trip along the North Coast of Spain, roughly 1.000 kms, and here is my impression:

Amazing handling and cornering in dry conditions, much better than the Aston.
Comfortable enough on highway, although a little bit harder and noisier than the Aston. Partly because of the difference between the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and the Cup 2´s

As has been stated in the Forum, the Cup2´s are a killer in wet.
On the way back, heavy rain, at 100 km/hour found a patch of water over a long bridge overtaking a truck and the car just flew sideways, spin three times and managed to control it, I still don´t know how. No injuries to me or the car, a miracle.
LESSON learned: Evora for dry and Emira with Eagles for all weather.
As per the 416 hp, unless you want to track it, more than enough power, on twisty roads you don't really miss any extra power.
The combo of steering, suspension, engine and lightness is just perfect to enjoy our twisty roads.
The Auto transmission works really fine, and actually 2nd and 3rd gear are all I need for B roads, only 4th gear from time to time.
Amazing that engine between 4.700 and 7.000 rpms, and the sound, of course different than the beautiful V12 of the Aston or the growling V8 of the Range SVR. I plan on keeping all of them and add the Emira when it comes.

Definitely a keeper alongside the Emira.

Next Monday, the Seneca Blue of the European Tour is coming to Bilbao. I will see it on the flesh for the first time, although everything has been said about this car. If it came with a real engine I would steal it for sure!

View attachment 3564View attachment 3565
Congratulations on not being new to Lotus anymore! Great looking Evora and good to read your first impressions. Glad to hear you survived the wet Cup2s incident, sounds scary and amazing to have had no damage.

When you see the Emira show car you'll now be able to imagine that Lotus ride and handling plus the V6 noise with a new exterior and interior.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I decided to fit one more swap in last month before the Emira so out with the California in with the GT4, I haven't found the cup2 as bad as above but they do need respect in the wet or single digit temps.
It's a seriously good car though and the Emira has its work cut out tbh. I'm hoping the test drive blows me away or I can see the gt4 staying and the emira going after a month or so.
Also so glad I went manual on the emira, never really got the manual obsession (had dozens of them in the uk) but it has made a nice change after a run of dsg dct and pdk etc.
IMG_20220208_212610_826.jpg
20220205_113240.jpg
Screenshot_20220131-172613_Samsung Internet.jpg