Verdant Green Emira now showing on Lotus Driving Academy website!

Justhe1

Reaction score
So this just popped up in my email - looks like a VG car in the flesh to me..!:

(With Tan Interior too..)

link to Lotus Website

add. image:
DSC00561-scaled.jpg

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is why I've been waiting to the last possible minute to submit my spec. A new photo every other day that comes out where we can finally see what the cars look like. The stance shown on all of those cars looks correct, and they even have the proper wheels.

OP
J

Justhe1

Reaction score
This is why I've been waiting to the last possible minute to submit my spec. A new photo every other day that comes out where we can finally see what the cars look like. The stance shown on all of those cars looks correct, and they even have the proper wheels.
Just me or does the yellow car look like its sitting lower than the Green?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Look at gap on the sides of the wheels, they're the same as the yellow car. You're closer, lower down and looking up into the wheel well on the DV car. You're seeing the effect of the added space of the wheel offset, so from this angle it looks like there's more gap. If you move back to the same distance and angle as the yellow car, they should be virtually the same.

Another thing is, these look like much newer builds. The edges of the seam above the rear tire now match up, whereas in images of previous older builds they didn't. These look like proper polished exhaust tips too instead of the flat aluminum look we've seen before. I wish we could see the interior to see what the newer build seats look like!

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also, DV is GORGEOUS. It shows off the body lines much more than I expected it would since it's a dark color.
Yeah, right? This is the exact Spec i'm going for (on the outside at least) and i love to see it in a picture finally. Hope it will not be too dark with the alcantara interiour.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe the reason Lotus hasn't released any photos is they were waiting for sunny weather. In England. I guess for this new batch they just finally threw in the towel and gave up.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just me or does the yellow car look like its sitting lower than the Green?
Well, as demanding potential Emira owners, we are compelled to analyze this issue properly.

Here is a quick measurement and the difference is a whopping 17 millimeters (two thirds of an inch; i.e., 66.9%). IMHO that's a VERY significant difference. BTW, the horizontal red line is the height of the lens, so the angle could not have been that different.

1652804851328.png

DenzilP

Reaction score
Well, as demanding potential Emira owners, we are compelled to analyze this issue properly.

Here is a quick measurement and the difference is a whopping 17 millimeters (two thirds of an inch; i.e., 66.9%). IMHO that's a VERY significant difference. BTW, the horizontal red line is the height of the lens, so the angle could not have been that different.

View attachment 5629
I think lotus have deployed miniature UAV’s to push the cars down for photo shots. You can see one on the yellow car in the middle of the rear screen 🤣

SteveB

Reaction score
So this just popped up in my email - looks like a VG car in the flesh to me..!:

(With Tan Interior too..)

link to Lotus Website

add. image:
View attachment 5624

At last an actual photo of a DV Emira in the flesh! No doubt about this one.

Also looks like its now possible to arrange a track session/test drive in an actual Emira. Hopefully there will be cars in touring and sport suspension set ups as testing is really the only way to know for sure how the car feels and which set up feels best.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I went through the HTML page and got the full, high-res photos.

Can anyone PS black wheels please?! I tried, but don't have the patience or mental capacity available today.

Thank you in advance!!

View attachment 5638View attachment 5639
Oh wow. That second photo looks awesome - DV with Tan interior is very classy. For me, I would go for yellow brake callipers, so I can have the option to add yellow/gold exterior accents in the future. Ok, Still waiting to see Nimbus in the wild to make up my mind.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oh wow. That second photo looks awesome - DV with Tan interior is very classy. For me, I would go for yellow brake callipers, so I can have the option to add yellow/gold exterior accents in the future. Ok, Still waiting to see Nimbus in the wild to make up my mind.
Yes, Nimbus and Magma and DV next to each other would be nice! I have until Thursday to decide!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

View attachment 5629
We will probably find out Sport suspension is lower after all...

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For this reason, I am wondering if I should spec Sport suspension. I have 2 days left to change it, but really don't want that because it will be 99% driven on regular roads that are not in great condition.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Makes sense really. Stiffer springs = less suspension travel. However I am pretty sure Gavan has said in the past they have the same ride height.

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wallstbear - Thanks for the actual measurements.

The pontification from a handful of members on here speaking as if they know what they're talking about is tiring. The yellow car is clearly sitting lower than the DV.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts