V6 Auto First Edition Canada/US

D4speed

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone in Canada or the US has actually spec'd an order/paid second deposit for a V6 auto first edition?

If so when and what is your anticipated delivery date?

I was hopeful for a 2023 delivery but haven't even had the call to spec or pay a second deposit. I placed initial deposit on Aug 30/21 so realize it is doubtful for a first edition although I haven't been told that from the dealer. So I expect V6 FE autos to be delivered in US/Canada first before base V6 gets delivered but am I looking at 2023/2024/2025 or later? Must say the Carrera T is looking better by the day but I guess there is a long delay with those as well.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I placed my initial deposit about the same time you did, at Oakville. I was initially told it was for an FE car. I can't remember exactly, but pretty sure much later was told it would not be for an FE car as there were far more deposits than FE cars coming into Canada; something like 3X as many.

Anticipated delivery date? No idea. Dealers have no idea. I'm still in at this point, but most likely when I find out I won't be getting a car in 2023 I will cancel. Dealer has never called or emailed me without me contacting him first. So contact your dealer and see what they know. I'd like to know and I'm fed up with contacting Oakville only to find they know nothing.

OP
D4speed

D4speed

Reaction score
Yes I am Oakville as well. He is quick to respond when I reach out but nothing without me making the first move. I am ok to wait but may check with local Porsche dealer on wait times for the 911 T. Might get on the list for that as well.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At Oakville as well.... I don't think any of us will ever know what place in line we are. This is done purposely to ensure the dealer can leverage the Emira allocations to most profitable situation. Can't really fault them, although it would be nice if allocations were given based on deposit order. But even if you look at the UK guys, it didn't happen that way either. Business is there to make money and that is the priority.... 911T is the best pick of the 911 range (non-GT) IMO. Just try not to go crazy on the spec lol.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Put down 10k+ at my dealer in the United states. I put down an initial 1k deposit, and then followed up with around 12k more to seal the deal. And yes I asked if i can get my money back and they said no, so Im going to deal with the shit show that is Lotus.

Jan build with March delivery, but will believe it when I see it.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Put down 10k+ at my dealer in the United states. I put down an initial 1k deposit, and then followed up with around 12k more to seal the deal. And yes I asked if i can get my money back and they said no, so Im going to deal with the shit show that is Lotus.

I think your dealer is to blame here, not lotus

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Edit- Im not trying to have my order messed with so Ill shut my mouth. I know its happened here before.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

May I drive your car when you break it in? Debating v6 auto v 4 dct.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Well that's a drag. Did the Dealer ask for that 2nd deposit? I dunno if it is just my Dealer but the initial deposit is refundable and once you actually place an order everything becomes Not-refundable.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone in Canada or the US has actually spec'd an order/paid second deposit for a V6 auto first edition?

If so when and what is your anticipated delivery date?

I was hopeful for a 2023 delivery but haven't even had the call to spec or pay a second deposit. I placed initial deposit on Aug 30/21 so realize it is doubtful for a first edition although I haven't been told that from the dealer. So I expect V6 FE autos to be delivered in US/Canada first before base V6 gets delivered but am I looking at 2023/2024/2025 or later? Must say the Carrera T is looking better by the day but I guess there is a long delay with those as well.
Wow! Aug '21?!!! I put mine down in Sept. of this year and was told end of '23. It's looking like that is a bit optimistic. If June of next year comes and I don't get to place an order I think I might be moseying over to Ford for one of those new 8sp manual Blackhorse Mustangs. I want a stick and I'd like to have it before I die of old age...:)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
May I drive your car when you break it in? Debating v6 auto v 4 dct.

Sure, you are more than welcome to head down and check it out. There is a nice bed and breakfast near my house and endless mountain roads.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Where abouts in NC are you? I vacationed there this year in Outerbanks. Was pretty nice, enjoyed the beaches.
All over. "Home" is near Greensboro, vacation homes at the coast (Emerald Isle) and the mountains (Boone). That's the beauty of NC that most don't realize--mountains to sea.