Undecided about buying an Evora 2+2 while waiting for the Emira

Willcall

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a fairly new member and have never owned a Lotus. I placed my deposit for the Emira in August 2021, but it looks like I won’t spec it until July 2023.

I currently have a 2019 Corvette Stingray and actually love it, but the Emira is just so darn compelling.

I’ve seen a 2010 Lotus Evora 2+2 with 19 k miles for sale for around 60k. It reads really well, but it is 12 years old. I’m thinking of buying it while I wait for the Emira. Does this make any sense?

Thanks for any helpful replies.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, not one from 2010 unless you've driven it and inspected it. Who knows what that car has been through. Also, I don't know if $60K is a good value for it.

OP
W

Willcall

Reaction score
No, not one from 2010 unless you've driven it and inspected it. Who knows what that car has been through. Also, I don't know if $60K is a good value for it.
Thank you so much for your reply. Certainly helps.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a fairly new member and have never owned a Lotus. I placed my deposit for the Emira in August 2021, but it looks like I won’t spec it until July 2023.

I currently have a 2019 Corvette Stingray and actually love it, but the Emira is just so darn compelling.

I’ve seen a 2010 Lotus Evora 2+2 with 19 k miles for sale for around 60k. It reads really well, but it is 12 years old. I’m thinking of buying it while I wait for the Emira. Does this make any sense?

Thanks for any helpful replies.
No!! keep the Corvette, if you were driving Hyundai then I say yes to the dress, don't forget good thing come to those who wait! mind you, a Corvette and Lotus are on opposite sides of the spectrum...