UK deposits and places in the queue

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's been some confusion and misinformation on here and various other forums over the last week about queue order. Not helped by what the Lotus team calling deposit holders have told people.

I followed up about it with Lotus and have confirmation of the position.

Your place in the queue (UK only) is based on the date of your first deposit. So the date you paid the dealer if you did that pre-reveal or the date of the first £2k deposit if you paid post-reveal.

The date pre-reveal dealer depositors paid their £2k direct to Lotus post-reveal is irrelevant (but seems to be what the calling team are using as the sequence to call people in this exercise). The date you pay your second £3k is irrelevant too.

The only caveat is if you don't pay the £3k second deposit by 5 Nov then you'll drop out of the V6 FE queue (even if you've told Lotus you want a V6 FE). You'll then go into the i4 FE + Own Spec queue until a second round of calls opens up to ask about i4 FE versus Own Spec decisions.

Clearly if you don't opt for a V6 FE and intend to go for i4 FE or Own Spec then you slip down the running order. But then your place in the i4 FE queue or Own Spec queue will still be based on your first deposit date.

So, all entirely fair and sensible. They need to tell the calling team the correct info!

I gather so far the people the UK calling team have spoken to are split almost 50:50 between V6 FE and i4 FE + Own Spec. So if you were #500 in the queue before the calling exercise and have gone for a V6 FE you're now probably #250 in the queue. It won't all get defined until November, so no point asking where you are individually just yet, but hopefully gives you an indication.

There's been some confusion and misinformation on here and various other forums over the last week about queue order. Not helped by what the Lotus team calling deposit holders have told people.

Your place in the queue (UK only) is based on the date of your first deposit. So the date you paid the dealer if you did that pre-reveal or the date of the first £2k deposit if you paid post-reveal.

The date pre-reveal dealer depositors paid their £2k direct to Lotus post-reveal is irrelevant (but seems to be what the calling team are using as the sequence to call people in this exercise). The date you pay your second £3k is irrelevant too.

The only caveat is if you don't pay the £3k second deposit by 5 Nov then you'll drop out of the V6 FE queue (even if you've told Lotus you want a V6 FE). You'll then go into the i4 FE + Own Spec queue until a second round of calls opens up to ask about i4 FE versus Own Spec decisions.

Clearly if you don't opt for a V6 FE and intend to go for i4 FE or Own Spec then you slip down the running order. But then your place in the i4 FE queue or Own Spec queue will still be based on your first deposit date.

So, all entirely fair and sensible. They need to tell the calling team the correct info!

I gather so far the people the UK calling team have spoken to are split almost 50:50 between V6 FE and i4 FE + Own Spec. So if you were #500 in the queue before the calling exercise and have gone for a V6 FE you're now probably #250 in the queue. It won't all get defined until November, so no point asking where you are individually just yet, but hopefully gives you an indication.
This is quite useful. Looking forward to the Intel you get from the dealer roadshow. The US situation will be a twist on this. Thanks.

Wow, great info, thanks Tom.
I would have commented earlier, but I've been queuing for petrol since yesterday.

Wow, great info, thanks Tom.
I would have commented earlier, but I've been queuing for petrol since yesterday.
I drove straight onto the pumps at motorway services today, then realised at 160p per litre most people were thinking “I’ll chance it elsewhere thanks”!

I drove straight onto the pumps at motorway services today, then realised at 160p per litre most people were thinking “I’ll chance it elsewhere thanks”!
I'll queue, but I won't queue for that! LOL, the world is going mad.
Electric car drivers are getting smug, while us lot are buying the last petrol motor from Lotus. You gotta have a balance!

Electric car drivers are getting smug, while us lot are buying the last petrol motor from Lotus. You gotta have a balance!
I’ve been talking with friends about what I call the “Mad Max scenario”.

Imagine when petrol stations don’t exist because almost everyone drives an EV and charges at home or car park.

A few petrolheads will have underground tanks at home and each weekend gather with their mates to eke out a few cans of petrol into their old school petrol cars. They then hoon off into the dawn on the few remaining roads that are not reserved for AI-controlled autonomous cars.

There are old inns in the UK that have stables, now converted to bedrooms, from the days when long trips meant changing your horses mid trip. That’s a whole different kind of range anxiety.

Currently looking for a property to buy where I can bury a tank and build a barn to keep the cars :)

Imagine when petrol stations don’t exist because almost everyone drives an EV and charges at home or car park.

A few petrolheads will have underground tanks at home and each weekend gather with their mates to eke out a few cans of petrol into their old school petrol cars. They then hoon off into the dawn on the few remaining roads that are not reserved for AI-controlled autonomous cars.

There are old inns in the UK that have stables, now converted to bedrooms, from the days when long trips meant changing your horses mid trip. That’s a whole different kind of range anxiety.

Currently looking for a property to buy where I can bury a tank and build a barn to keep the cars :)
You and me need to have a drink!

Are you Nineteen80one photographer?

Yeah, feeling pretty smug right now with my BEV and PHEV daily drivers! Full Tank every morning 😆

😂- fixed EV tariff…. Phew… works out about 1p per mile
Tbh I will be glad to pour the golden expensive liquid into the Lotus for the fun and sound, and driving experience! EV are not for the emotion. Basic commutes and transport definitely the future.

Back