Type 135?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The (potential) partnership between Alpine and Lotus actually sounds quite similar in scale to the partnership between Toyota and BMW for the latest Supra. Co-development on the specs of a platform, based on parts/manufacturing of one of them, and maybe sharing the dev costs. There's no contact yet so everything's still up in the air, but it would likely trend towards Lotus doing at least the platform manufacturing since they've made similar ones in the past and built up their Hethel facility. Final assembly could be either based on how much design the products share and if Alpine want some manufacturing in house for a low volume product. They may diverge the models at some point in development based on previous interviews saying they're aiming for different specs, but the collaboration is more than just Lotus being contracted to do work or Alpine leveraging their platform.

Jaguar actually has been tight lipped on what they have coming down the line. But it's seeming that they're focusing on moving upmarket and focusing on SUVs. There aren't even any rumors of a halo sports or super car. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/exclusive-jaguar-return-2025-trio-electric-sports-suvs And Lotus is actually ahead of the curve for an EV sports car. The only confirmed ones at affordable prices are the Type 135, Porsche Cayman, and Maserati GranTurismo. Otherwise, it's just rumors from Toyota and Honda (with no good hardware to back it up). Literally everyone else is focused on SUVs and sedans lol.

Type 135 is initially looking to be RWD only, and the smaller iteration of LEVA it uses only accommodates one motor. Yasa currently only has a motor with 200-250kW (268-335 hp) continuous power and 250-350kW (335-469 hp) of peak power (like for the Porsche Taycan Sport Response button). Though Yasa may have a new motor design by 2025, when their owner Mercedes is expecting to have the motors in mass production vehicles.
Yes I have heard, seen this re jaguar, but I would be surprised if they step completely away from what made them the company they are..... Also they developed a Mclaren P1 type car before any of the others did and had 3 prototypes if memory serves, before they canned it due to the economic environment back then and of course they have the Ipace which I like more and more.... but not cheap. However, far better quality than tesla in fit and finish etc.
It will be interesting, but I hope Jaguar still come up with something along these lines even though the sports car market at this end has been a dead end for a while, not just for them, but Lotus, Alpine and even the 718's do NOT sell in the numbers porsche would like.... the 911 outsells both cars put together in several countries and it costs almost twice as much, so it is not a great market to get involved in.
Interesting times for sports car lovers coming over the next 3-5 years.