Tour review in hethel

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi! I just see this review from this guy who drove the emira few days ago and also made a review about the car , and now he just published a factory tour

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Holy hell that is some of the best footage of the car yet! He's annoying to listen to, but Gavan drifting all over the track, seeing DV and Magma, those amazing Evijas! Lotus get us some real, professional photos and video!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow I just finished watching that whole thing. At highest resolution the clarity was incredible. The Evija is just gorgeous, and the Nimbus Emira looked fantastic too. Of the 3 Emiras outside, that wasn't DV; it was Shadow Gray, but they all looked great. Magma really grabs your eye.

Gavan driving around on the track, the car sounds fantastic.

If I was in that classic accessories, shop, I think my credit card would burst into flames lol. There's no way I'd get out of there without buying something. Great video.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wish this was actually a full factory tour video with the production line :) I'd love to get that experience without needing to go all the way out there.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wish this was actually a full factory tour video with the production line :) I'd love to get that experience without needing to go all the way out there.
They'd need to have some actual cars being built before they could make that video ;)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Man, Gavan sliding that car all the way from corner entry across toward the wall at 2:25 is just wild. Big slides are one thing, but big slides toward a barrier, and you gather it up right on the curbing on the far side? That's a whole different level.

I mean he's a full rotation of steering input into this slide... that's not a 30deg correction, that's over 390deg of left dial on the wheel. 🤪

1659116246054.png

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Great video! Thanks for sharing. Nimbus looks fantastic there and would have been my spec if I didn't go with Seneca. The yellow calpers and diamond cut wheels look great on it.

As @Porter said, Gavan is driving the hell out of that Emira! I can't wait to drive mine... It's going to be a looooooong winter.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
What do you guys think the 3 covered vehicles are in the design studio?

1659121189662.png

This shows the "closest" vehicle, and it has an Emira cover and a silhouette very similar to Emira, so I'm assuming it's some Emira variant maybe.

1659121202141.png

Picture shows the "farthest" and middle vehicles. It looks like the farthest one is taller than the middle vehicle, especially if you compare the nose from this shot to other shots of the middle vehicle.

1659121233057.png

A better look comparing the middle and farthest vehicles. Considering the height difference, I'm thinking the farthest vehicle is Type 133 (sedan) and the middle one is Type 135 (EV sports car). We know there's some sort of model of Type 135 out there since Matt Windle has seen and commented on it. Unfortunately, there's no good shot of the farthest vehicle's length, which would help confirm sedan or not.

1659121217391.png

A comparison to the middle vehicle and the supposed Emira. Looking at the front and rear fenders bulging in the middle vehicle, there's no way there are 4 doors on that, and the fender shapes and locations match the sketch Lotus released on the EV sports car with the battery partnership announcement (below). But what throws me off is that the middle vehicle looks taller than the supposed Emira... though maybe that's just weird perspective. The height visual difference is within a margin of perspective error, especially if you consider the heights of the wheel, nose, and front fender proportional to the entire vehicle height seems similar to the supposed Emira. I'd like some other thoughts on this.

1659121626793.png

1659122515591.png

Shot of the middle vehicle at 17:12. It looks really low from this angle. A possibility my wife brought up is that this is just another Emira variant since it looks very similar haha. Do you guys think it's just an Emira?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 7781
This shows the "closest" vehicle, and it has an Emira cover and a silhouette very similar to Emira, so I'm assuming it's some Emira variant maybe.

View attachment 7782
Picture shows the "farthest" and middle vehicles. It looks like the farthest one is taller than the middle vehicle, especially if you compare the nose from this shot to other shots of the middle vehicle.

View attachment 7784
A better look comparing the middle and farthest vehicles. Considering the height difference, I'm thinking the farthest vehicle is Type 133 (sedan) and the middle one is Type 135 (EV sports car). We know there's some sort of model of Type 135 out there since Matt Windle has seen and commented on it. Unfortunately, there's no good shot of the farthest vehicle's length, which would help confirm sedan or not.

View attachment 7783
A comparison to the middle vehicle and the supposed Emira. Looking at the front and rear fenders bulging in the middle vehicle, there's no way there are 4 doors on that, and the fender shapes and locations match the sketch Lotus released on the EV sports car with the battery partnership announcement (below). But what throws me off is that the middle vehicle looks taller than the supposed Emira... though maybe that's just weird perspective. The height visual difference is within a margin of perspective error, especially if you consider the heights of the wheel, nose, and front fender proportional to the entire vehicle height seems similar to the supposed Emira. I'd like some other thoughts on this.

View attachment 7788

View attachment 7789
Shot of the middle vehicle at 17:12. It looks really low from this angle. A possibility my wife brought up is that this is just another Emira variant since it looks very similar haha. Do you guys think it's just an Emira?

I think they are simply Emira mock-ups. Closest one doesn't have doors. That's a mockup car seen in Harry's vid.

1659123812815.png

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 7781

View attachment 7782

View attachment 7784

View attachment 7783

View attachment 7788

View attachment 7789
Looks like it’s missing a door. Maybe that’s what’s delaying the cars 🙂

KusaKusa

Reaction score
I think they are simply Emira mock-ups. Closest one doesn't have doors. That's a mockup car seen in Harry's vid.

View attachment 7790
You're probably right 🥲. It's odd the video guy says "who knows what's under this... I've seen it, you haven't" if it's just an Emira model, but he's probably just messing around.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it’s a Type 133 and a Type 135. I know the dealers saw them at Hethel at Global Conference as well as an Eletre.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
I think it’s a Type 133 and a Type 135. I know the dealers saw them at Hethel at Global Conference as well as an Eletre.
I'd really hope so! But the hollowed out shape in the middle covered vehicle REALLY matches the Emira with the missing door. It's hard to convince myself it's anything else. The farther vehicle could be Type 133 or 135 though, since it's hard to tell what it is/isn't.