Tidbits SIAP

LotusRising

Reaction score
I spoke to a salesman at a large dealership. He answered a few of my questions.

I asked about vivid green being an option on the base. He said they are coming out with a similar green that will be slightly lighter.

He said the base configurator will be open at the end of July.

I talked about the reviews and their disappointment with the sound and that this might be related to more stringent laws since the Evora. He said the US market Emira will be louder than Euro and sound better than the Evora FWIW.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok 😒

The US dealers are clueless and have very little solid info. Take anything you're told with a grain of salt because all info they get is coming from their reps from Lotus of US... and they're basically useless. I've personally brought info to my dealer that they had no idea about (options, supplier issues, confirmed delays, etc).

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I asked about vivid green being an option on the base. He said they are coming out with a similar green that will be slightly lighter.

I talked about the reviews and their disappointment with the sound and that this might be related to more stringent laws since the Evora. He said the US market Emira will be louder than Euro and sound better than the Evora FWIW.

July of 23 :D.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Alright, I'll ask: what's "SIAP"?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Alright, I'll ask: what's "SIAP"?

Who knows. Typically you type out the WHOLE word, and then put the abbreviation in parenthesis, and then for the rest of the document you can then use the abbreviation.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Hopefully some of that might be accurate, but in the meantime, welcome to the forum! Do you have an Emira on order or are you considering one?

OP
L

LotusRising

Reaction score
Hopefully some of that might be accurate, but in the meantime, welcome to the forum! Do you have an Emira on order or are you considering one?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have placed my $2500 in the last month. Maybe Santa will bring it to me for Christmas 2023. 🤞
He did say they are moving up the list considerably as people flake. As already posted on here likely secondary to the refundable aspect of it, the cooling economy, and the inherent difficulty of waiting.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ok 😒

The US dealers are clueless and have very little solid info. Take anything you're told with a grain of salt because all info they get is coming from their reps from Lotus of US... and they're basically useless. I've personally brought info to my dealer that they had no idea about (options, supplier issues, confirmed delays, etc).

Us whenever a US dealer says anything about the Emira:

1658034472537.gif