TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
While thankful the 22 onboard are safe, this car nut can’t help but hv a gut wrenching feeling for the 4000(?) cars floating aimlessly/on fire/water damaged

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
While thankful the 22 onboard are safe, this car nut can’t help but hv a gut wrenching feeling for the 4000(?) cars floating aimlessly/on fire/water damaged
A tragedy for sure, as Felicity Aces Drifting Championship

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Above all else I'm sure we're all glad the crew are safe. My recent Pcar was delivered off of this vessel in early January, it was one debacle after another, from ordering to delivery, and I can only think that my cursed build had some tenuous connection to this latest event

G

Guest142

Sad to see that a large number of Porsches and other VW group cars are now likely lost in transit from Germany to the US. Thankfully the crew are all safe.

Wow.

This brings me to an interesting question. How will Lotus transport Emira orders to the U.S.? Will it be by boat or are they flying them?

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Fire on the cargo deck, EV bateries catching fire?................... just speculating.............

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What you get if you order "expedited delivery"...
tikq87g5gg5phiymyloq.gif

(guy chasing after because he forgot to put the service book back in the glove compartment)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The show cars have been flown - there are some pictures around of them on the flight pallets - but the customer deliveries will be by ship.

Hence why the US delivery dates are about 4 weeks after build date, by the time they’ve been containered, shipped, cleared US customs and been transported to dealers.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The article has been updated, and states that a number of "Bentleys, Porsches, Audis and VWs" were on board!

Glad to hear that there were NO injuries.

Note to self, do not use your phone again to respond to forum posts. :whistle:

Last edited:

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Imagine the people waiting for the last model year Audi TT-RS 1-50 edition and your car never makes it :censored:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, hate to see that many cars get destroyed. The car industry just can't seem to catch a break. It will be interesting to know what caused it.

Lotus-USFL

Reaction score
I tried to buy a new Porsche 911 Targa in California from out of state this weekend. It was listed on the Porsche website. Once they learned I was from out of state, they canceled the deal. Only in state buyers were allowed.

With the cargo ship issue, more dealers are likely to be putting in restrictions.

On the Lotus front, my "shaddy" dealer sent an email yesterday saying there is still time to place an order for the new Emira! Whatever that means......

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
oh jeez. im talking on 718 forum now. mine is not on there yet for certain but many people's porsches are. Really sucks