• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION The cabin space?

Stonecutter

Reaction score
So I have a question I haven’t seen directly answered. In the drivers seat, how roomy does the cabin feel?

I is there a car you could compare it to? Is it bigger than a cayman but smaller than a 911? I didn’t like the nothing behind me feel in the cayman and my best guess is the cabin feels like a cayman width wise (Again tighter than a 911 to passenger) but with that wall not directly on the seat like a cayman. However I don’t imagine the emira being anywhere near as open feeling as a 911 when behind the wheel. I would love to hear it feels more like a 911 but I think that is not the case. I don’t mean storage I mean just like from a sense of cramped or airy and visibility.

Thanks! It is hard to gauge this from photos.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have a question I haven’t seen directly answered. In the drivers seat, how roomy does the cabin feel?

I is there a car you could compare it to? Is it bigger than a cayman but smaller than a 911? I didn’t like the nothing behind me feel in the cayman and my best guess is the cabin feels like a cayman width wise (Again tighter than a 911 to passenger) but with that wall not directly on the seat like a cayman. However I don’t imagine the emira being anywhere near as open feeling as a 911 when behind the wheel. I would love to hear it feels more like a 911 but I think that is not the case. I don’t mean storage I mean just like from a sense of cramped or airy and visibility.

I wouldn't call it cramped at all. I thought the all black interior made it a bit depressing but if you go with any of the colors to brighten things up a bit it's a nice place to be. It's tighter than a Corvette but still very comfortable IMO. If you are happy with your TT's room you shouldn't be unhappy with the Emira..:)

OP
S

Stonecutter

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it cramped at all. I thought the all black interior made it a bit depressing but if you go with any of the colors to brighten things up a bit it's a nice place to be. It's tighter than a Corvette but still very comfortable IMO. If you are happy with your TT's room you shouldn't be unhappy with the Emira..:)
See I think the TT has a huge feeling bubble cabin(considering the size, it is more mental than real from the glass and sloped hatch). I haven’t been in a corvette in years, but I do remember not liking the cayman. Not deal breaker but not ideal. I think the shelf behind goes along way for Sense of space, I do have broad shoulders though and wonder how tight it is to the passenger width wise.

Also, my build saved on the configurator is Nimbus with red interior….I love black interiors but c’mon if the exterior looks like an emira why not color the inside. The white is awesome but I can’t even wear white shirts without having a stain within 2 hours haha

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
See I think the TT has a huge feeling bubble cabin(considering the size, it is more mental than real from the glass and sloped hatch). I haven’t been in a corvette in years, but I do remember not liking the cayman. Not deal breaker but not ideal. I think the shelf behind goes along way for Sense of space, I do have broad shoulders though and wonder how tight it is to the passenger width wise.

Also, my build saved on the configurator is Nimbus with red interior….I love black interiors but c’mon if the exterior looks like an emira why not color the inside. The white is awesome but I can’t even wear white shirts without having a stain within 2 hours haha
I like the Nimus too. I wish the green was more "green" because I really like the car in that darker color. Problem is I think they put too much blue/gray in the semi-clear top coat so unless the light is shining just right the car look like a cloudy blue/gray much of the time. Yuck plus keeping that dark color clean here in dusty so. Calif (4 quarries in the area) would be a pain so Nimbus it is!! I know what you mean about white although we did get white leather in my wife's car and so far it is staying nice. You do have to clean the seat regularly as we wear mostly jeans and the blue tends to transfer as I swing my big ass in and out of the car..:) As for shoulder room, while I am vertically challenged I have pretty wide shoulders and had no problem at all in the Emira.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

I think you just about hit the nail on the head... a bit bigger than a cayman, but not as open and roomy as a 911, that would be my opinion for what its worth. Not cramped, but not overly spacious....

OP
S

Stonecutter

Reaction score
Thanks emira spain. It is good to know I was judging it right. It helps to get some affirmation on guesswork!

Pops, I. have all the respect in the world for you going nimbus and white interior. In a perfect world where I am more refined and my kids won’t be passengers that is the freshest look! Good to know on the shoulder space. In another life when I had a lot more hair and a lot less fat I had surfer shoulders and unlike the hair and the skinny, they didn’t leave me.