• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Test driving Evora before Emira

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Uhm I thought let’s demo an Evora which should give me some confidence in the Emira and also want to see the difference between the two as I’m thinking the ride of an Evora 410 maybe more exciting for what I’m looking for, but alas cant manage to get a demo ride in an Evora and suffice to say I’ll not be travelling half way round the UK to try one. I suppose they don’t have any live models anymore. 😕

HeReigns

Reaction score
Uhm I thought let’s demo an Evora which should give me some confidence in the Emira and also want to see the difference between the two as I’m thinking the ride of an Evora 410 maybe more exciting for what I’m looking for, but alas cant manage to get a demo ride in an Evora and suffice to say I’ll not be travelling half way round the UK to try one. I suppose they don’t have any live models anymore. 😕
I have the same thinking and was finally able to test drive a used 2020 Evora Gt in the States here yesterday. The Evora Gt may be the car I want instead of the Emira.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I have the same thinking and was finally able to test drive a used 2020 Evora Gt in the States here yesterday. The Evora Gt may be the car I want instead of the Emira.
I need to drive an Evora and Exige 410 for sure

HeReigns

Reaction score
I need to drive an Evora and Exige 410 for sure
You should! I was blown away by how much I loved it and I had very high expectations going in. I don't have a lot of experience with higher end sports cars but I can't imagine anything close in dollars matching the experience. I have a tuned Civic Type R a C8 corvette and I've driven a 718 cayman s, Camaro Zl1 1Le, and a Supra. For me the Evora Gt as a weekend fun car would be way better than the above. I think its worth price increase from the above. I'm hoping the Emira experience is close to 90% of the Evora once and exhaust modification is done.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You should! I was blown away by how much I loved it and I had very high expectations going in. I don't have a lot of experience with higher end sports cars but I can't imagine anything close in dollars matching the experience. I have a tuned Civic Type R a C8 corvette and I've driven a 718 cayman s, Camaro Zl1 1Le, and a Supra. For me the Evora Gt as a weekend fun car would be way better than the above. I think its worth price increase from the above. I'm hoping the Emira experience is close to 90% of the Evora once and exhaust modification is done.
Really useful thank you.
Are u going to get to drive the Emira any time soooon?

HeReigns

Reaction score
Really useful thank you.
Are u going to get to drive the Emira any time soooon?
No. The Emira I ordered is supposed to be here around June 2023. My dealer is 1800 miles away. I won't fly out when they get their demo car.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No. The Emira I ordered is supposed to be here around June 2023. My dealer is 1800 miles away. I won't fly out when they get their demo car.
That seems fair! Lol
I dont think I would be disappointed with a GT410 whatever u decide

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great to hear you were blown away.
I have an Evora GT and imho it’s a keeper. Not going to sell it.
Wife is going to bitch like s… once the Emira arrives. 😂
I took it for a test drive 17 months ago just to see what is was like. Was also blown away. When I got back to the dealership I said sold.
Still have a huge smile every time I drive it

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I took it for a test drive 17 months ago just to see what is was like. Was also blown away. When I got back to the dealership I said sold.
Pic

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Evora GT.JPG

Attachments

• Picture9.jpg
    Picture9.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture20.jpg
    Picture20.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 56

HeReigns

Reaction score
I would be purchasing an Evora Gt right now as well. A replacement for the C8, but my wife loves driving the C8.

OP
BeHappy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
See that’s the feeling that the Emira needs to deliver - else my two cars I’m mulling over another M3/M4 but X drive maybe back to a convertible lol ( thought I’d done the convertible phase years ago ) or and don’t shoot me down Golf R with £10k options cheap and practical, right size £50k it actually did put a smile on my face and the exhaust popped lol I know it’s got no road presence but can’t spend £80k on just superb sexy looks 👀 so 🤞Emira delivers

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
See that’s the feeling that the Emira needs to deliver - else my two cars I’m mulling over another M3/M4 but X drive maybe back to a convertible lol ( thought I’d done the convertible phase years ago ) or and don’t shoot me down Golf R with £10k options cheap and practical, right size £50k it actually did put a smile on my face and the exhaust popped lol I know it’s got no road presence but can’t spend £80k on just superb sexy looks 👀 so 🤞Emira delivers
I'm a Golf R lover as a daily driver. Don't buy the Golf 8 though, get a 7.5 and a 3 door unless you really need easy access to the back seats.
That's 26k for a nice one. So then imagine what you can buy as a weekend car for 'only' 55k
BUT make sure you give the Emira a chance on test drive 🥰

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you are buying an Emira, you should avoid test driving a newer Evora. Most of us end up buying the damn Evora… and that was never the plan.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you are buying an Emira, you should avoid test driving a newer Evora. Most of us end up buying the damn Evora… and that was never the plan.
You hit the nail on the head.
It was definitely not my plan.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It definitely will deliver