Test drives in Vancouver

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had to keep pestering my local (Calgary) dealer, but it looks their demo Emira is finally arriving tomorrow, with test drives to take place on Monday and Tuesday! 🎉 Very excited.

OP
E

Eddmac

Reaction score
Excellent news - I'm sure you will be happy with the test drive, I was!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, my Emira test drive is booked for this Tuesday, but in the meantime I just had my first "test sit" in my dealership's demo car this morning! After 2 years of looking at photos of the car online, this was my first time actually seeing an Emira in the flesh, which is funny when you consider that the first customer deliveries started over 9 months ago. But what can you do... :p

2023-06-10 12.27.45.jpg

I believe this is the same car Vancouver had a few weeks ago (Nimbus Grey w/ UBP and red interior). My dealership had it parked on their service lift, so not exactly the best lighting / setting for taking photos, but I took one anyways just to have a keepsake and to have something to share. :)

It was great finally getting to experience the car and really "take it all in", if only for a few minutes. My first impression after getting inside and closing the door was how comfy the seats were. Also, the car was surprisingly snug, but maybe that's mostly because I've only ever driven a proper 2-seater sports car twice in my life (my buddy's S2000, ten years ago). Regarding the already-mentioned clutch pedal spacing, it did seem oddly-close to the brake pedal, in my opinion. But I remember other forum members saying that you get used to this within 5 minutes, so I'm not too worried... Although I do wonder how hard something like that would be to modify, in case it really does bug me long-term... 🤔 Also, the seat belts were twisted. Haha. But other than that, I was pleased with how solid and refined all the interior trim pieces felt. Honestly, the fresh, modern interior was a bit part of what sold me on the Emira in the first place back in 2021. I can't wait to see how it feels when I'm out on the road next week.

Oh, and for anyone wanting to know how to trigger the car alarm while you're sitting in the vehicle, here's a step-by-step guide:
  • have a seat inside the car and close the door
  • when the interior lights turn off automatically, press the unlock button on the Lotus key fob so that they turn on again
  • after a few minutes, you'll notice the car auto-locking and rotating the mirrors inwards
  • finally press the "unlock" button on the door, and pull the lever handle to exit the vehicle
If done correctly, you should have a faint ringing sound in your ears and your face should be slightly red. (y)

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It was great finally getting to experience the car and really "take it all in", if only for a few minutes. My first impression after getting inside and closing the door was how comfy the seats were. Also, the car was surprisingly snug, but maybe that's mostly because I've only ever driven a proper 2-seater sports car twice in my life (my buddy's S2000, ten years ago). Regarding the already-mentioned clutch pedal spacing, it did seem oddly-close to the brake pedal, in my opinion. But I remember other forum members saying that you get used to this within 5 minutes, so I'm not too worried... Although I do wonder how hard something like that would be to modify, in case it really does bug me long-term... 🤔 Also, the seat belts were twisted. Haha. But other than that, I was pleased with how solid and refined all the interior trim pieces felt. Honestly, the fresh, modern interior was a bit part of what sold me on the Emira in the first place back in 2021. I can't wait to see how it feels when I'm out on the road next week.
Am I the only person that wasn't impacted by the clutch pedal spacing? And before the jokes start, I wear a size 11 shoe.