• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering wheel infotainment controls

tdm97

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello everyone, How are you all?😊

I have a question for all Emira owners.
Besides listening to the glorious V6 sound, I also like to listen to some music on longer trips. From what i’ve seen/read, you use the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to go into different widgets (up, down) and once you are in the desired widget you can use the left and right arrow to go through different sections within that widget.

But as I like the shuffle Through my Music i’m wondering if the arrows on the steering wheel can also be used to go to the next or previous song in your playlist when you are using apple CarPlay for example? Or can you only do that through the center screen?

greetings 😊

firstedition

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was driving my emira today and wondering the same thing. I'm android auto not apple carplay. you can definitley change the radio station but can't skip songs on my playlist (youtube music) with steering wheel controls.

OP
tdm97

tdm97

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was driving my emira today and wondering the same thing. I'm android auto not apple carplay. you can definitley change the radio station but can't skip songs on my playlist (youtube music) with steering wheel controls.
Thank you for the info😃
It’s not something that would annoy me too much but it’s Just easier if it was possible from the steering wheel 🙏🏼

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can, you just have to scroll to the "music" widget (shows current title + album cover) and press right to skip, left once to start over, twice to go to previous. "Click" to pause/resume.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On manual cars, there are two useless buttons on the left side, where the controls for ACC sit. Sadly they aren't mapped to anything. Would've loved to use them to skip songs, now they are just dead.

OP
tdm97

tdm97

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can, you just have to scroll to the "music" widget (shows current title + album cover) and press right to skip, left once to start over, twice to go to previous. "Click" to pause/resume.
Thank you 🙏🏼

Trigun

Reaction score
I wondering the same, my car is less than a week to come back home so as I’ve read the handbook twice (both info guide and full guide) I still asking to myself, how I can change songs?
@Kimmax can I ask to to explain better?
Because as I have seen
WITH THE RIGHT PAD
1. if you scroll (up/down) till the media widget
2. When the media widget is shown
3. (Handbook says) you can scroll by pressing (left/right), or finger swipe, to switch between USB, Radio, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, etc…
But nothing says how to switch songs.
If you say left right scroll button will change tracks, how can it do it?

Have you wait a certain amount of time after you reached media widget?

Have you to press “ O “ in the center of the pad before touch left/right to change track song.

It happens only when media widget is shown also on infotainment display.

Or something else?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just returned a rental car where I couldn't figure out how to skip tracks from the steering controls, but I could adjust volume. Thought it was odd. Hopefully the Emira has a hidden way or the way @Kimmax mentioned works. Can anyone else confirm for Android Auto?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wondering the same, my car is less than a week to come back home so as I’ve read the handbook twice (both info guide and full guide) I still asking to myself, how I can change songs?
@Kimmax can I ask to to explain better?
Because as I have seen
WITH THE RIGHT PAD
1. if you scroll (up/down) till the media widget
2. When the media widget is shown
3. (Handbook says) you can scroll by pressing (left/right), or finger swipe, to switch between USB, Radio, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, etc…
But nothing says how to switch songs.
If you say left right scroll button will change tracks, how can it do it?

Have you wait a certain amount of time after you reached media widget?

Have you to press “ O “ in the center of the pad before touch left/right to change track song.

It happens only when media widget is shown also on infotainment display.

Or something else?
The mentioned „scrolling“ is actually skipping tracks. When on the media widget you just press right to skip, left once to restart the song, left twice to go to the previous song. Worked on all media apps on both iOS / Android for me

Trigun

Reaction score
The mentioned „scrolling“ is actually skipping tracks. When on the media widget you just press right to skip, left once to restart the song, left twice to go to the previous song. Worked on all media apps on both iOS / Android for me
That’s where my question comes out.
In handbook it seems if you press right or left side you switch between RADIO USB ACP AA or other media’s
Thank you!

Attachments

• DCA03138-0B55-4821-AF0B-80043BBF49E1.jpeg
    DCA03138-0B55-4821-AF0B-80043BBF49E1.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 50

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You have to press the “list” button (on the left, between the volume up/down buttons) to get the radio/carplay/usb/etc options to appear.
Then scroll up/down and press the centre to select.

The handbook is a bit misleading, as it is with quite a few things!

Trigun

Reaction score
You have to press the “list” button (on the left, between the volume up/down buttons) to get the radio/carplay/usb/etc options to appear.
Then scroll up/down and press the centre to select.

The handbook is a bit misleading, as it is with quite a few things!
So if I am right, you have to press list button before using up/down arrows to select the widget you want, when you got it go left or right to see the “sub widget” you want, and after that press O to confirm?

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not quite.
Go up/down to select widget, eg: media.
Then ”list” to get into sub-menu, eg: radio/carplay/usb.

Trigun

Reaction score
Not quite.
Go up/down to select widget, eg: media.
Then ”list” to get into sub-menu, eg: radio/carplay/usb.
Ok so if I DONT PRESS “LIST KEY”
- left / right keys, or swipe left / swipe right will change songs, radio stations etc

If I PRESS “LIST KEY”
- left / right keys, or swipe left / swipe right will change to DAB/FM, usb, Apple CarPlay etc.

Is it right now?
Thanks for your help @KJD

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok so if I DONT PRESS “LIST KEY”
- left / right keys, or swipe left / swipe right will change songs, radio stations etc

If I PRESS “LIST KEY”
- left / right keys, or swipe left / swipe right will change to DAB/FM, usb, Apple CarPlay etc.

Is it right now?
Thanks for your help @KJD
That’s correct

Trigun

Reaction score
Just for info, “LIST BUTTON” does anything in other widgets ? For ex Navi one, or performance one, etc?
Or it is only a functional one for Media widget?
TY again

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just for info, “LIST BUTTON” does anything in other widgets ? For ex Navi one, or performance one, etc?
Or it is only a functional one for Media widget?
TY again
Yes.
It brings up sub menus when they’re available.

firstedition

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was wrong. I have found a way to skip tracks on YouTube music with android auto. Sorry.

Jarrad

Reaction score
I have no problem skipping tracks from Android Auto using the wheel controls but changing Radio stations doesn't seem to work unless you are in The radio screen on the main console, which sort of defeats the object of a short cut button...