Start stop system

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the first edition V6 auto is likely to have a start stop option, Given that we are moving to tighter emissions and fuel consumption regs I would think new cars had to have that

But I’ve not read anything to indicate this is the case

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the first edition V6 auto is likely to have a start stop option, Given that we are moving to tighter emissions and fuel consumption regs I would think new cars had to have that

But I’ve not read anything to indicate this is the case

There's no hill assist or rev matching with the manual, so I doubt the V6 auto will have start/stop. The AMG auto probably will though.

There's no hill assist or rev matching with the manual, so I doubt the V6 auto will have start/stop. The AMG auto probably will though.
I believe it will have Hill Start assist on the manual. Have you confirmed with Lotus that this is not the case?

I'd say by law it has to have it, its a new car and for UK or EU, Id be 99.9% its obligatory for any none bit part manufacturer, but as with all other cars, it can be turned off, so cant see an issue and its our planet and our children breathing this crap in when we are stuck in traffic. Only time to me it could be annoying is at a roundabout ... when you need to pull out quickly, otherwise I cant see the big deal. Hardly an issue on a sunday morning drive or trip down to the south of france or italy for harry.

I’m hoping since they replaced the hand brake with an e-brake they tap into that for hill assist like most every other manufacturer did.
I suspect hill-assist with e-handbrake is a given….. had it in our 2013 manual JCW Mini…..!!! A car made in 2022 should be standard items surely!

I suspect hill-assist with e-handbrake is a given….. had it in our 2013 manual JCW Mini…..!!! A car made in 2022 should be standard items surely!
Hm, my last manual trans vehicles were a 2006 STi and 2007 TSX.. I think the hill assist features started in ~2010 here in the states. I drove a BRZ with it once and it was weird to me.. I guess it takes some getting used to.

Maybe someone can educate me here... Doesn't the Emira have belt driven hydraulic power steering? If that's the case, wouldn't power steering stop working when the engine is off, as is the case with a Start-Stop system?

I understand the concerns around emissions, but for me anyways, this is not a vehicle that will be driven in traffic. It's also a little paradoxical for a V6 supercharged engine to have this feature. In any case, as long as it can be turned off.

Maybe someone can educate me here... Doesn't the Emira have belt driven hydraulic power steering? If that's the case, wouldn't power steering stop working when the engine is off, as is the case with a Start-Stop system?

I understand the concerns around emissions, but for me anyways, this is not a vehicle that will be driven in traffic. It's also a little paradoxical for a V6 supercharged engine to have this feature. In any case, as long as it can be turned off.
I’m sure all cars with start-stop systems have PAS turned off, just the auxiliary remains to have power…. It’s designed for sitting idle at traffic jams only.

Info on the e-brake from today's Top Gear online review:

"Select first, and as you release the clutch the electric parking brake – in a Lotus – automatically unclamps. And you set off, marvelling at how civilised it all is."

Info on the e-brake from today's Top Gear online review:

"Select first, and as you release the clutch the electric parking brake – in a Lotus – automatically unclamps. And you set off, marvelling at how civilised it all is."
I would assume the same applies to the reverse gear! (y)

Back