Sluggish throttle compared to Demo a year ago

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's possible the US/CAN cars have a different tune than the UK/Euro spec demo cars, but the tune submitted originally for EPA certification is exactly the same as the CARB certification test results. No ECU flash was required to pass CARB, that was an unsubstantiated rumor and then the dealers parroted it from those facebook/forum rumors.
that's interesting to learn, because there was two mandatory firmware update to our vehicle upon arrival at the dealers. Would be nice to know exactly what was changed.

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
curious if the "sluggishness" you're feeling is the response on throttle application or some sort of rev hang?

from my recollection, the demo in YVR had reasonable throttle response but had a fair amount of rev hang.
Reasonable on the throttle for sure! Absolutely. I am only talking minute difference. But so much rev hang.

were you there doing the test drive when I did my delivery?

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd love to hear your Larini side by side with my decat-only. Let's set it up!
Need a couple more weeks to hit the 1k, had been traveling quite a bit lately….but yes, I love to see the valve controller in action, as I think there is still a difference between sport and track mode regarding openess of the valve… I was not going to get the controller, as I would drive in sport all the time due to the throttle response….but had been wondering

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
that's interesting to learn, because there was two mandatory firmware update to our vehicle upon arrival at the dealers. Would be nice to know exactly what was changed.

They'll never tell you -- most likely just software bug fixes -- but it's a really convenient thing to blame delays on.

If they did update the ECU, it wasn't necessary -- so I doubt that happened. Every single testing parameter approved under the CARB EO matched the exact values that were approved in October filing from the EPA.

DV3M1RA

Reaction score
curious if the "sluggishness" you're feeling is the response on throttle application or some sort of rev hang?

Reasonable on the throttle for sure! Absolutely. I am only talking minute difference. But so much rev hang.

were you there doing the test drive when I did my delivery?

no, im still out of the country til may most likely, so im still a few weeks at least before i can schedule anything. my car should be in there somewhere in the batch, but as usual its been crickets with the Vancouver dealer.