• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Show map on the dashboard. Should I see the map on the dash? ( android phone)

pancho

Reaction score
IMG-20230810-WA0020.jpeg

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I use Android with Waze as my preferred route planning. The mini map shows up on the dashboard for me. It is one of the screens that you can select with the over sensitive scroll buttons on the steering wheel. You can switch between a number of things there such as fuel consumption, music track etc. I don't remember doing anything to set this up. I think the map it uses is the cars nav system. It is handy for spotting speed cameras as they can be more easily missed on Waze.
I have started using the voice control for USB music, but whoever programmed the responses must have had a failed career in comedy. It works well for skipping tracks when my wife doesn't appreciate my taste in music! It is easier than the over sensitive buttons/scroll.
I have given up with the radio, we are in a semi rural area and the reception is constantly fading in and out even on national stations.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I use Android with Waze as my preferred route planning. The mini map shows up on the dashboard for me. It is one of the screens that you can select with the over sensitive scroll buttons on the steering wheel. You can switch between a number of things there such as fuel consumption, music track etc. I don't remember doing anything to set this up. I think the map it uses is the cars nav system. It is handy for spotting speed cameras as they can be more easily missed on Waze.
I have started using the voice control for USB music, but whoever programmed the responses must have had a failed career in comedy. It works well for skipping tracks when my wife doesn't appreciate my taste in music! It is easier than the over sensitive buttons/scroll.
I have given up with the radio, we are in a semi rural area and the reception is constantly fading in and out even on national stations.
My radio reception is a little flaky in rural areas, too.