"September build" FE V6 in Dark Verdant potentially available (NY / USA)

Kenny

Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we likely can't go through with purchasing the V6 6-speed Emira that I've put a deposit on. As such, I wanted to see if there was interest before posting more broadly. In terms of price, my goal is to simply cover my costs -- no additional markup as I don't believe in flipping. I reserve the right to ask for a ride, though.

Details on the car: (from memory)
  • "September '22 build", delivery ______ (whenever they ship it here). I'm told it's one of the first coming to the States. Note that the build and delivery date is at the whim of the factory.
  • NY-based dealer (USA)
  • V6 6-speed FE car
  • Dark Verdant exterior, tan leather interior
  • Touring suspension
  • Silver wheels
  • Yellow calipers
  • Black package
  • Alcantara steering wheel
  • (If there's interested, I'll dig in to see if I've forgotten anything)
FWIW, my dealer said that I'm unable to transfer the slot/deposit to another buyer. So, my options: 1) purchase the car (+tax) and do whatever I choose with it (including resell), or 2) lose the $2,500 deposit. My ideal would be to transfer the deposit to the interested party and remove myself from the process altogether, but this doesn't seem to be an option. Maybe that'll change (?).

If this is too much of a hassle, I may just eat the deposit. But before doing that, again, I wanted to offer the car up.

Please respond and/or DM if of interest and we can figure out if / how this can happen.

Best,

Ken

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we likely can't go through with purchasing the V6 6-speed Emira that I've put a deposit on. As such, I wanted to see if there was interest before posting more broadly. In terms of price, my goal is to simply cover my costs -- no additional markup as I don't believe in flipping. I reserve the right to ask for a ride, though.

Details on the car: (from memory)
  • "September '22 build", delivery ______ (whenever they ship it here). I'm told it's one of the first coming to the States. Note that the build and delivery date is at the whim of the factory.
  • NY-based dealer (USA)
  • V6 6-speed FE car
  • Dark Verdant exterior, tan leather interior
  • Touring suspension
  • Silver wheels
  • Yellow calipers
  • Black package
  • Alcantara steering wheel
  • (If there's interested, I'll dig in to see if I've forgotten anything)
FWIW, my dealer said that I'm unable to transfer the slot/deposit to another buyer. So, my options: 1) purchase the car (+tax) and do whatever I choose with it (including resell), or 2) lose the $2,500 deposit. My ideal would be to transfer the deposit to the interested party and remove myself from the process altogether, but this doesn't seem to be an option. Maybe that'll change (?).

If this is too much of a hassle, I may just eat the deposit. But before doing that, again, I wanted to offer the car up.

Please respond and/or DM if of interest and we can figure out if / how this can happen.

Best,

Ken

Sounds reasonable. Nice spec too... I'm thinking it might be better to just lose the deposit (shouldn't it be $5k now since you actually ordered?) then have to take delivery, get insurance, register it, pay taxes, then attempt to resell. I'd imagine a buyer wouldn't want the extra owner on the history since they would be basically buying a brand new car.

Each state has their own laws about getting deposits back. You may be able to argue a bit and get your money back.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. Nice spec too... I'm thinking it might be better to just lose the deposit (shouldn't it be $5k now since you actually ordered?) then have to take delivery, get insurance, register it, pay taxes, then attempt to resell. I'd imagine a buyer wouldn't want the extra owner on the history since they would be basically buying a brand new car.

Each state has their own laws about getting deposits back. You may be able to argue a bit and get your money back.
My dealer did not require a second deposit. I have placed final order and only have deposited $2500.

JKP

Reaction score
My dealer did not require a second deposit. I have placed final order and only have deposited $2500.
Me too. Final spec in and never required an additional deposit beyond the original $2500

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I put down a 11k deposit lol.

1k in May 2021 and 10k in March 2022

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Put my $2500 deposit then did final spec in March. No second deposit was asked for

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Technically your dealer is correct, the order is tied to your deposit / reservation number in their system and that supposedly can’t be changed. However, Lotus is selling the car to the dealer, not you so once it shows up I don’t think Lotus can prevent them from selling it to someone else.

Pretty much all manufacturers have a model like this where the tag the order as a customer order vs. a dealer stock order but I’m not aware of any manufacturer being able to enforce that the final sale go to the name on the order. The only exception I’m aware of was the Ford GT where the buyer was required to sign a contract with Ford which prevented them from selling the car for 2 years. I have no idea how that’s enforceable as Ford has seemed to be unsuccessful at trying to stop at least 2 sales.

So, I suppose if you, a potential buyer and the dealer were to enter into a contract where the new buyer actually purchases the car and the dealer refunds your deposit once the deal closes you could make this happen. It may even get Lotus blessing if the buyer already has a reservation in the system. The problem with reservation deposits in the US is they’re with the dealership, no money is sent to Lotus (that I am aware of, I know I paid the dealer, not Lotus).

If this had Sport suspension, no black pack and a Leather wheel (I could forgive the last two) I’d already be talking to you, your dealer and Lotus Cars Head of Sales - Americas (I have his contact info :cool: )

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Technically your dealer is correct, the order is tied to your deposit / reservation number in their system and that supposedly can’t be changed. However, Lotus is selling the car to the dealer, not you so once it shows up I don’t think Lotus can prevent them from selling it to someone else.

Pretty much all manufacturers have a model like this where the tag the order as a customer order vs. a dealer stock order but I’m not aware of any manufacturer being able to enforce that the final sale go to the name on the order. The only exception I’m aware of was the Ford GT where the buyer was required to sign a contract with Ford which prevented them from selling the car for 2 years. I have no idea how that’s enforceable as Ford has seemed to be unsuccessful at trying to stop at least 2 sales.

So, I suppose if you, a potential buyer and the dealer were to enter into a contract where the new buyer actually purchases the car and the dealer refunds your deposit once the deal closes you could make this happen. It may even get Lotus blessing if the buyer already has a reservation in the system. The problem with reservation deposits in the US is they’re with the dealership, no money is sent to Lotus (that I am aware of, I know I paid the dealer, not Lotus).

If this had Sport suspension, no black pack and a Leather wheel (I could forgive the last two) I’d already be talking to you, your dealer and Lotus Cars Head of Sales - Americas (I have his contact info :cool: )
I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. With regard to the deposit I was told by my dealer when I made the deposit that the deposit is collected by the dealership and they have to then send it to Lotus.
If I remember correctly Lotus at the time confirmed this. Just going by memory from nearly a year ago.
I will try in the next week to ask the dealership about it

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. With regard to the deposit I was told by my dealer when I made the deposit that the deposit is collected by the dealership and they have to then send it to Lotus.
If I remember correctly Lotus at the time confirmed this. Just going by memory from nearly a year ago.
I will try in the next week to ask the dealership about it
I never bothered to ask so this is entirely possible and would actually make this transaction easier. But it also means Lotus would probably have to approve the transaction.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I never bothered to ask so this is entirely possible and would actually make this transaction easier. But it also means Lotus would probably have to approve the transaction.
I did question this directly with Lotus a few weeks after I paid my deposit. Actually spoke with someone at Lotus in the UK
I was then received an email from Lotus saying they confirmed my deposit and the date it was received and a copy of the payment and comfirmed my place on the dealership list

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I warned many people not to buy/invest in Bitcoin.......but it fell on deaf ears.

Well where else can I turn $20k into $1200. It would have been a good investment 10+ years ago and selling in the past few years, but as of now, I believe it is a bad. Ive never been into crypto, its all a big rug pull.