❔ QUESTION Seen the Emira live.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on this chat Forum has seen a Lotus Emira live in person?
And if so does, it look just as good in person as it does in pictures and videos?

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on this chat Forum has seen a Lotus Emira live in person?
And if so does, it look just as good in person as it does in pictures and videos?
The blue car used for most 'launch/reveals' looks as good, if not better in person. The grey car that actually has an engine sounds great but in my opinion is far less interesting to look at.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would say it looked Better than I expected. And yes many of us have seen it at the traveling event.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Took my wife to see it and she went from "why are we going to this stupid car event for a car that is a year away" to "can we get one sooner and can we have the blue one".

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Took my wife to see it and she went from "why are we going to this stupid car event for a car that is a year away" to "can we get one sooner and can we have the blue one".
Yes... girlfriend did not bat an eye lid when I said am Selling the BMW when we get home. She was on the tablet on way home, to put deposit down :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s even better in person. It’s got presence. It looks athletic, like it’s ready to move when standing still.

There’s not a bad angle and there are some great details, like the three dimensional sculpting of the rear lights.

The boomerang vents on the nose and the side vents are going to make it very recognisable as different from other sportscars.

It’s going to turn heads. My Evora gets a lot of positive interest from people of all ages, not just car people. Yet that has some awkward angles. I’m buying my Emira to drive rather than pose. But it’s also a great looking car. Be prepared for a LOT of interest when out in your Emira.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks gents.
Can't wait.
Lotus legendary handling in a very exotic exterior package.
To me the Emira has to be the most supercar looking of any if it's cars, with an internal combustion engine.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira photos are good but don't do justice versus in person. Check out all the reveal event videos, especially the one from Austin. I had the pleasure of being there. You'll find plenty to look at on YouTube. If you are making a deposit now there will be Dealer demos later this year.

Exige2000

Reaction score
Yes went to see Emira at Bell & Covill , the car is every bit as good as I expected .
I did not like the blue on show but that’s my view !

Exige2000

Reaction score
It’s even better in person. It’s got presence. It looks athletic, like it’s ready to move when standing still.

There’s not a bad angle and there are some great details, like the three dimensional sculpting of the rear lights.

The boomerang vents on the nose and the side vents are going to make it very recognisable as different from other sportscars.

It’s going to turn heads. My Evora gets a lot of positive interest from people of all ages, not just car people. Yet that has some awkward angles. I’m buying my Emira to drive rather than pose. But it’s also a great looking car. Be prepared for a LOT of interest when out in your Emira.
I completely agree , I have owned several Lotus cars and understand that some people will think the car is moving away from some Corr values !
The new Emira will attract lots of new buyers and that’s needed for the company to survive so I wish Lotus all the best .

DenzilP

Reaction score
I have been lucky and seen both the blue and grey one at Goodwood, I would personally say the blue did have more presence which I think is down to the fact the blue one had wheel spacers and was lowered.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
:)(y) I went to Goodwood with my wife and she wanted to put a deposit down almost as we walked onto the stand! Can’t call it my car now!, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've also seen grey and blue. I think Emiras will deliver similar visual impact to mclaren/ferrari/lamborghini, particularly in the lighter colours. It doesn't quite have the physical presence of a traditional supercar but that's a positive in my eyes, I'm not a fan of big cars. Or the image that goes with supercars (rightly or wrongly.) The Emira is just a beautifully proportioned car.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agree with all the comments above. It is a stunning looking thing from every angle. A Cayman or even a 911 parked next to an Emira would look very ordinary.

The Emira shape does seem to be rather colour sensitive though. I think the dark grey launch car doesn't have anything like the visual impact compared to the blue and yellow cars we have seen so far.

Last edited:
OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Seen the seneca blue emira twice now, an amazing looking car! Roll on delivery!
I'm also leaning toward the Seneca blue with the black roof and mirrors.
Most common folk in Canada really have no idea what Lotus cars are like, so I'm going to have some fun with my buddies at the tennis club.
Undoubtedly someone will ask me the price, and I'm going to pull his leg and say around $250,000, which to me is believable with the Emira because it does look like a mini supercar.
I'll come clean a little later.😜

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just to provide another viewpoint (to hopefully balance this thread - almost everything on this forum is very positive and optimistic) - I'm the owner of a Lotus Elise SC, Porsche 911 C4S and Ferrari 488 Spider. The Emira does look good from the outside, but I wouldn't say it has nearly the presence of the best-looking modern Lamborghini, McLaren or Ferrari (though I think all three of those brands do have some ugly ducklings.) There are those that would say a Porsche looks more classy and wouldn't be seen dead in any supercar or lookalike. I get as much attention in my Elise as I do when driving my Ferrari, and I couldn't care less - both cars have been on the track extensively, and I bought them to drive, not to look at or ponce about in.

I am also annoyed by the constant comments in Lotus' videos talking about the Emira being more usable than the typical supercar. Maybe 20 years ago, but they need to get with the programme. A Ferrari 488 has 230 litres of capacity in its front boot (vs Emira's 151 litre boot, and 911's 145 litre front boot), plus a little space behind the seats. It has adjustable rheological suspension which gives it an astonishingly compliant ride in 'bumpy road' setting in which you can comfortably float over hundreds of miles, stiffening up for an amazing, exhilarating experience on a windy road or track. A quote from Evo Magazine: "There’s an element of witchcraft that accompanies the 488 GTB’s ride quality. ... The way it smothers imperfections in the road surface is surreal, especially so since it has no effect on how the 488 handles." In the Emira I have to choose between touring and sports suspension, and I'm stuck with that! Again, Lotus have conveniently not mentioned the fact that the competing Porsche Cayman GTS / GT4 both have adjustable suspension as standard, so you don't have to choose / compromise.

But coming back to this thread title, it was seeing the Emira in the flesh that turned me off... I buy cars to drive, not to look at; what's most important to me is how it drives and how the interior (where I spend my time) makes me feel. I think the Emira's interior is awful. It is completely bland, devoid of personality, it has a massive great screen just stuck on in the middle (very little tactility: everything about touch screes, touch pads) and is about as far away from super- or even sports-car as it is possible to be. Not a patch on a Porsche cabin, and in a different world than McLaren, Lamborghini or Ferrari; sit in one of those and your face literally lights up: you feel like you are in command. I seriously wouldn't be able to live with that interior, so sadly cancelled my Emira order the next morning.

I am a Lotus fan, and love my Elise. I get why Lotus had to evolve and fully understand that I'm in the minority here: based on the reaction here on the Forum Lotus are giving most people what they want - a good looking car from the outside with a bog-standard interior (not stripped out like Elise / Exige) with lots of touchscreen tech similar to a 'normal' modern car. I await the press reviews on performance, ride and handling with interest!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that’s an entirely fair summary. The interior is definitely a let-down. Compared with the porsche configutor the options to make the cabin an enjoyable space are almost non-existent. Never been in the others you mention as they are far out of my price range.