Red Interior

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm planning on Seneca Blue/Upper Black Pack and deciding on Red Leather or Ice Grey. In looking at the Red Leather I can't help but notice the slight clash between the color of the leather and the color of the red start button cover. Does anyone else find this disturbing or am I just being OCD again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-120305_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-120305_Gallery.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 6,872

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, I hadn't before but now I can't unsee it. Would it prevent me from getting the red interior? Nope.. That cage can always be wrapped or painted if it makes you nuts.

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, I hadn't before but now I can't unsee it. Would it prevent me from getting the red interior? Nope.. That cage can always be wrapped or painted if it makes you nuts.
I was thinking red leather might be too in your face with this car (as if there's anything about this car that's not 'in your face'). I think the clash may now be enough to push me towards the more subdued Ice Grey. And I actually love how the red starter cage pops against the Ice Grey. If only I could see this combo in person before I hit 'send'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-124944_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-124944_Gallery.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 436

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, if you'd asked about the Seneca with the red interior, I would have made a Superman remark 😁
But since you'd only asked about the red leather with the cage...
I actually love the red interior in the configurator. Not usually a fan. But I'll need to see the leather sample in person before I decide. It had to be the right shade. If I spec Nimbus, I'm doing red interior (if it's a good red).

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm planning on Seneca Blue/Upper Black Pack and deciding on Red Leather or Ice Grey. In looking at the Red Leather I can't help but notice the slight clash between the color of the leather and the color of the red start button cover. Does anyone else find this disturbing or am I just being OCD again?
No, not remotely disturbing! It's a functional piece in a relevant colour - and it's a different material. It would be a shame if that prevented you from going for your desired colour.

This is not unlike the issuse some people have with Hethel Yellow not being the same as the yellow of the Lotus badge - you don't paint a car to match your brand colours as there are different factors at play in what looks good on the car.

So, for me, "matchy-matchy" is not a factor. But for anyone this is an issue for, it won't be hard to get the start button cage repainted- or get aftermarket neutral (black/white or black/silver) Lotus badges.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, not remotely disturbing! It's a functional piece in a relevant colour - and it's a different material. It would be a shame if that prevented you from going for your desired colour.

This is not unlike the issuse some people have with Hethel Yellow not being the same as the yellow of the Lotus badge - you don't paint a car to match your brand colours as there are different factors at play in what looks good on the car.

So, for me, "matchy-matchy" is not a factor. But for anyone this is an issue for, it won't be hard to get the start button cage repainted- or get aftermarket neutral (black/white or black/silver) Lotus badges.
I fully agree.
Same issue happens to me with the yellow calipers I chose and the yellow lotus badge, different yellows.
i don't think it will be an issue, but worse case scenario, if when I see it on the flesh will bother me, then very small issue, I'll just change the lotus badges for black ones.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am also getting the red interior. I am not bothered by the brighter red start button grate.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really don’t think the difference in red color between the start button cage and the red leather is a problem whatsoever. In fact, it feels like a cool thing to me. I think you want the cage to stand out no matter what interior you choose. That red interior with the Seneca blue paint is going to look fantastic. Go for it.

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
OK I'm getting used to it. Noticing that there are contrasting reds in the Ferrari is helping...

Attachments

• Ferrari Red.jpg
    Ferrari Red.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 263