Pulled out, after getting conflicting delevery dates from Lotus CC

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Eagle7 You're right I'm sure they would want to know this information. I'm gonna follow up with an email.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Definitely send that to Lotus. This is the kind of crud that every manufacturer has to deal with unfortunately. GM is taking the position of pulling the allocation of any dealership that does something like this with the Z06. Maybe Lotus can do the same thing with these guys. They don't deserve to be a Lotus dealer with attitudes and behavior like that.

AND A STICKY tread of dealers to avoid should also be started here.

The Corvette forums have sticky of negative dealer experiences and recommended dealers. This information should NOT be buried in this thread but posted up TOP as a STICKY and Labeled as such.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Climber honestly your comment made me feel better! haha. It is what it is. You have a good idea with reaching out to Lotus directly. I'm not sure how to do that but I'm gonna look into it. Thank you
Dude you have to reach out to them for sure

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@Climber honestly your comment made me feel better! haha. It is what it is. You have a good idea with reaching out to Lotus directly. I'm not sure how to do that but I'm gonna look into it. Thank you
You are welcome 😊

Clam

Reaction score
@Clam unfortunately yes. I was #1 at that dealer. When I gave them a deposit they didn't even know the car existed. Maria, Scott and Ryan were absolutely terrible from the start. That dealership was the most unethical buisness I've ever dealt with. I blame myself for not going with Gator. Live and learn.
I'm really sorry - nobody should have their car experience ruined this way. What's interesting is that I have also never received any communication from Scott other than when he took my deposit. In 7 months, just 2 emails to send me proof of deposit and an Emira brochure. No responses to my emails and most of my calls to the dealership. I knew it was bad but I was hoping that it was a general "Lotus being secretive" or supply/demand imbalance thing.

I refuse to pay 20K ADM on principle when they verbally guaranteed MSRP, so I suppose I'm SOL... Time to crawl into the back of the line somewhere else.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I finally got to test drive the Shelby GT350 yesterday, two of them actually, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
It was far more capable than I thought it would be, very quick, raw, visceral, but unfortunately very large feeling as it is on the larger side.
At 3,750 lbs it's also quite a portly heavyweight and you can feel it, not the nimble handling car which is what I'm after, although it does handle exceptionally well for its size and weight.
Was a great experience overall, just not for me.
My dream car would be the Exige cup 430, but since that's not possible (Canadian regulations) the Emira will be an awesome great consolation prize and hopefully worth the very long wait.
One question, will the V6 Emira sound this good, I sure hope so.

I would also like it if Lotus would offer body colored interior trim accents as an option like Porsche does.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One question, will the V6 Emira sound this good, I sure hope so.
Short answer: yes.

The development and validation cars are running near production spec exhausts and sound great on the road and on track. The V6 FE will not have a petrol/gas particulate filter and will have 3 cats. It sounds very similar to the Evora GT, except the exhaust valve control is variable rather than on/off.

In some geographies you'll be able to remove the 3rd cat and still comply with emissions, like on the Evora, which will sound louder and more throaty. In the UK that will probably exceed noise limits for track days though.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Short answer: yes.

The development and validation cars are running near production spec exhausts and sound great on the road and on track. The V6 FE will not have a petrol/gas particulate filter and will have 3 cats. It sounds very similar to the Evora GT, except the exhaust valve control is variable rather than on/off.

In some geographies you'll be able to remove the 3rd cat and still comply with emissions, like on the Evora, which will sound louder and more throaty. In the UK that will probably exceed noise limits for track days though.

Thanks Tom.
Do you think there will be a work around to be able to manually control the exhaust, I'd like it permanently on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Someone is bound to work that out fairly quickly. It's just a solenoid and a flap, so either adding a switch or leaving it open shouldn't be too hard.

Bear in mind in Sport drive mode it's open at idle (so will have a nice burble), then opens progressively from low rpm and is fully open above 3000rpm. I routinely switch my Evora into Sport after startup and rarely use Tour. On Emira in Tour the valve doesn't open until 4000rpm.