Poll: What are you looking for in the first review?

What is your top excitement/concern that you want to see covered in the first reviews?

• V6 Power in the Emira

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I4 Speculation

• Touring/Sports Suspension Choice

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Interior Quality - Features - Comfort

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • How the Emira compares to the competition

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • How the Emira handles on a track

• Is the car priced correctly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daily driving the Emira

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Production seats quality/fit/comfort

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Overall rating - Quantitative Score

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is just a poll to see what are people's top priority that they would like to see covered/addressed in the reviews coming out this week (I think this week!). I only allowed for 1 vote. If you want to add a category just post it and I will update poll.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Comparison against the competition, particularly do reviewers think Lotus have upped their game enough on interior design/build and overall quality.

I know they’ll be positive about ride and handling, and most have been positive about the exterior design already.

Plus tell us about the production seats and what they’re like to sit in and drive!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to hear all of that! But mostly how the Emira compares to the competition.. specifically the Cayman GTS. I'd like to hear feedback on the suspension, but not sure the reviewers can compare sport to touring since they are likely only getting one.

Honesty, I just want stellar reviews!

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting and very good results so far (will change as it is a poll) I like how the people that type the most dominate the forum socially, and they are all about performance or comparison. But the reality is that Interior not being crap and being able to hold luggage or useable or comfy is the current winning choice. Almost no one using this will ever rev out each gear to redline or track the car who also has professional driving experience. The Cayman and Boxster still win vs. this car due to the fancy dancy interiors. This has to be a cooler, more interesting space than a 718 or else it will be sold if bought by most people, not kept. Quality interiors and reliability make for the most happy customer base.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to hear all of that! But mostly how the Emira compares to the competition.. specifically the Cayman GTS. I'd like to hear feedback on the suspension, but not sure the reviewers can compare sport to touring since they are likely only getting one.

Honesty, I just want stellar reviews!
the cayman GTS is a silly car that needs suspension swaps and larger wheels. the 4.0 is meant for the Spyder and the GT4. the 2.5 S is faster than the GTS 4.0 for like $2000 invested in tuning (lack of a turbo makes the GTS near its limit already). I am a Porsche guy and this emira is a lot more suited for the 400 hp 6 cylinder than a regular 718 GTS is at first. The best 718 was the 2.5 GTS.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interesting and very good results so far (will change as it is a poll) I like how the people that type the most dominate the forum socially, and they are all about performance or comparison. But the reality is that Interior not being crap and being able to hold luggage or useable or comfy is the current winning choice.

Ditto.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Is there an option for "All of the above".

I was really trying to have everyone select one topic. As said by @~el~jefe~ it's interesting to see after all the debates on the forum about HP, suspension, price, etc. what people are really wanting to see and get positive feedback.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind shocked that highest is interior quality! Really? That's the most you are concerned about? Most definitely how it stacks up against the competition for me.

Same.. However, the engine and transmission are already proven.. and we all already know Lotus produces fantastic handling vehicles.. so maybe the interior is the only real aspect left in question!

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Kind shocked that highest is interior quality! Really? That's the most you are concerned about? Most definitely how it stacks up against the competition for me.
when you have $100k to burn, you want to feel like a fancy dancy prancing pony. Pinkies up, mofos!

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The most important thing for this daily grocery driver is that the milk doesn't get warm and the eggs don't crack.

daveparky84

Reaction score
The overall quality of the driving experience is what Im excited for now. It's already the best looking sports car on the market and has a great interior so those boxes are ticked. Hows it feel be in it though?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ride quality is extremely important to me, especially buying a car without a test drive.
I've only bought one car in my life without test driving it first, and it ended up being a complete nightmare.
I bought a 2016 Ford Focus RS and even in the most comfortable suspension setting the ride was unbelievably HARSH.
When you read about suspensions being so firm they might loosen your dental fillings, the RS was it.
I ended up selling it after only owning it for 9 months couldn't take it anymore and loathed every minute in it.
I just hope I don't have a repeat experience with the Emira.
I'm hoping I can take a test drive before I have to lock in my final options, since I'm getting a base model.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My #1 interest in the initial review(s) is to hear directly from journalists how they've been treated by Lotus and whether they've been given ANY MEANINGFUL FIRST-PARTY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about the car they're about to review. By meaningful, I mean anything at all beyond the existing (unbelievably spartan and information-less) marketing material they slapped on the internet as a brochure page 8 months ago and then never expanded.

I mean, I've slapped thousands of dollars on the table and can't even get these people to return an email in a professional fashion, much less do fully expected things like show their customers what the paint colors actually look like on painted physical cars in the real world.

I really hope they show some basic human respect about this stuff to the people whose job it is to write about the product for the public, because I'm sad to say they've shown very little thus far to their actual customers who have paid significant sums in good faith to initiate a purchase. I really gave them the benefit of the doubt for months and months, but now it's March, and I feel like if they had it in their plan to treat people decently who they know full well are irritated by their lack of comms and information, they would have done it already.

Last edited:

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I thought interior design & quality is pretty much a “see for yourself” deal with all the photos and road shows around the world?Yes production spec digital cluster and user interface will be new and worth reviewing but I'm more interested in how the car drives and how it compares to 718 as that's one thing none of us have any chance to do.

On the side note I find 718‘s interior design quite dated as there hasn't been major refresh for more than 10 years now. Plus it needs optional leather to make it look up market, which is expensive.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ll bite.

This is all, as life is, just personal preference. Other than math is imagine most things are…

To me it would have to read “…vs XYZ specific car” rather than “competition” because I do not think there is a competitor as I would just keep my Evora.

So yeah, to me, and many others, it really just burns me that we still have no idea what the seats will look like.

That ~$100k (US Dollars) feeling needs to be there for sure.

The other item would be “seeing the colors in person” that would be ahead of this but it’s still not the same as reviews.

Looking forward to a ton about this car. Most of the important items for me surround look and feel. Less important to me is engineering performance as I trust that’ll be there.

#ForTheSurvey

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
so basically, compress it down, most people want to know this:

Is it is as fancy and elegant as a 718 Porsche with options. I hope the KEF is better than 718's Bose. I have a 718 T Boxster on a vague order at the moment and chose their Burmester stereo option. I am going to assume that the Burmester is better than a KEF, i mean its ridiculously expensive. i dont need that crazy of a stereo but i need better than OEM Bose for $100k this time. Just an example of it all.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For me, is it fun to be in and drive. Fit, finish and quality of the interior. I know it looks more expensive than it is, but when you're inside and driving, does it feel at least as expensive as it is.

I honestly can't recall ever having this much excitement and anticipation about a new car, and I've had a lot of cars over the last 50 years.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is just a poll to see what are people's top priority that they would like to see covered/addressed in the reviews coming out this week (I think this week!). I only allowed for 1 vote. If you want to add a category just post it and I will update poll.
I enjoyed the comments then picked Daily Driving, as it encompassed many of the other line items.
The question that will be asked - and answered -is whether Lotus threw everything it knew and then some into their last ICE as a high water mark?
It will be said they are going out with a bang for your buck.