Ordered august - delivery spring 23

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was 9th July - i4 - didnt get an email - CC told me the system had sent it, but I have asked for a copy of the email to be forwarded on - I am first batch 2023 it seems (9am deposit)

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's awful. I'm sure customer care will forward you a link to configure your car and pay your second deposit if you contact them. However that won't ensure any improvement in communication from Lotus or speed up delivery. Maybe worth a try 🤞

That's what I did - I've heard since that there's an issue with the post-config response email that hasn't been updated and confirms a V6FE even for an i4FE config. They're waiting for this to be updated before they send out more comms! - shouldn't have taken a month to fix though..... As kesa says they'll send you a link and take another £3k on request (allowing for the erroneous email response!) which should then start off the build/delivery date email process......

Reactions: AGP

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cheers guys' I will contact Customer Care to clarify(y)

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Contacted Customer Care and they came back Very quickly with a link to the configurator (y) .
Now for the difficult bit of choosing between my two preferred colours and interior :)

schuey100

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know I ordered my fe on august the 7th and have just had a email saying I won’t get mine until spring 2023.
Shame as I was hoping for a Christmas present but will be worth the wait u less I get bored and impatient 🤣👌🏽
Deposit paid July for the I4, email today saying now 2023 and hopefully let me know estimated delivery month early that year, so a while off yet then…..

Kibbbs

Reaction score
I love the car, but with a grim economic outlook and inflation getting out of hand and rising interest rates I’m now thinking is it the smartest thing to do to buy a new car? I think these delays might bite Lotus as the realities of where the economy is heading start to hit people and orders get cancelled. I think it’s pretty fanciful with that backdrop that car residuals remain where they are today.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I love the car, but with a grim economic outlook and inflation getting out of hand and rising interest rates I’m now thinking is it the smartest thing to do to buy a new car? I think these delays might bite Lotus as the realities of where the economy is heading start to hit people and orders get cancelled. I think it’s pretty fanciful with that backdrop that car residuals remain where they are today.
I’d have betted on an economic crash when Covid hit but the opposite happened.. Interest is only high as the cost of gas is high, gas is used for everything including making nitrogen fertiliser which then inflates food prices etc etc.
Once fracking starts, Putin gets overthrowned and England win the World Cup normality will again be seen.
On the other hand Best Buy an Emira now because if people can’t afford to buy them the few produced will be worth a lot more money due to limited supply.

Kibbbs

Reaction score
I’d have betted on an economic crash when Covid hit but the opposite happened.. Interest is only high as the cost of gas is high, gas is used for everything including making nitrogen fertiliser which then inflates food prices etc etc.
Once fracking starts, Putin gets overthrowned and England win the World Cup normality will again be seen.
On the other hand Best Buy an Emira now because if people can’t afford to buy them the few produced will be worth a lot more money due to limited supply.
I love your optimism and sincerely hope you’re right - although I sense more than a little irony in your reply. Remember the only reason that things didn’t crash and asset prices rose when COVID hit was because the central banks pumped ridiculous amounts of money into the economy. But the good thing about delays in orders is we get a bit more time to see how the economy plays out before being committed to the purchase…

Axios

Reaction score
Late to the game and put in a deposit today. Not in a rush. It'll provide the factory to work out its kinks and for the earlier owners to be the beta testers for any recalls/fixes :) Really looking forward to the color options. Motorsport Green please!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Late to the game and put in a deposit today. Not in a rush. It'll provide the factory to work out its kinks and for the earlier owners to be the beta testers for any recalls/fixes :) Really looking forward to the color options. Motorsport Green please!
Good for you. What did they tell you about allocations and timelines?
V6 or i4?

RCL

Reaction score
Me being in the USA and the fact I only recently put a depot down on 4/9/22 I'm guessing....what they told me about a q3 2023 release will now be pushed back to sometime 2024....yikes. Might have to go buy a toy to play with in the interim if it's going to be a 2 year wait. lol

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i'm pretty much giving up on my emira . gonna order a c8 . i'll have it in 8ish months at msrp and just wait and see if the emira acutally shows up before 2024 . Then maybe i'll sell vette and keep emira or?

Axios

Reaction score
i'm pretty much giving up on my emira . gonna order a c8 . i'll have it in 8ish months at msrp and just wait and see if the emira acutally shows up before 2024 . Then maybe i'll sell vette and keep emira or?
Keep both? Lol

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got told November is first customer build month for I4
The plan as I understood it was that I4 builds were to start 6 months after the first customer build month of the V6, so good to see that nothing has changed.

Not long now and some lucky UK punters will have a V6 Emira in their driveway!

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With the news of members with relative early deposits on here who have ordered the I4FE being pushed back to 2023 without even an indication on the likely build month, It doesn't look good for I4 Base models being built in 2023 surely or at least not in any great numbers🤷‍♂️

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
V6 FEs were a much higher proportion of the deposits up to end of last year than Lotus had expected. So the news they are starting i4 FE deliveries roughly on plan (ie +6 months) suggests the extra shift will be helping them crack through the extra V6 FEs.

The i4 FE demand is lower, so I suspect Base Edition cars will start being delivered 3-6 months after first i4 FEs, which would mean sometime March/June 2023. Base Edition specs and pricing are due in September, which suggests order book will open soon after and that's 6 months lead time for March delivery which tallies.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That will be good, my line of thinking was that if some early depositers around the 9th/12th July have been told that their cars will be built in 2023 with more info in early 2023, I thought that they weren't going to be getting their cars until Q2 at the earliest, which would have a knock on affect for later depositers and base editions etc.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My "stellar" dealer service experience continues. I put my deposit in last August on a V6 and haven't heard shite in regards to when I can finalize my config and expect delivery.