Not my first lotus :)

Hufggfg

Reaction score
Hi all,

just found this forum and thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve had a few Lotus cars over the years, and absolutely love their lightweight, involved approach to cars. I ordered an Emira relative soon after the reveal. I have no need for another car at all, but just can’t pass on this one as it looks like it’ll be awesome.

Lotus cars I’ve had so far:
2007 Exige S 240 - bought this after going into a London TVR/Lotus showroom asking about TVRs and even the dealer recommended against it 😂. It started my love of the way Lotus do things. I think I owned it about 2 years (and have regretting selling it many times).

1972 Elan Sprint DHC - was a dream to own one for many years, so when one came up in my perfect spec (DHC, pistachio) a few years ago I couldn’t say no. Absolutely love the thing. It’s currently undergoing a bit of a mechanical restoration and I can’t wait to get it back.

2017 Evora Sport 410 - while this was in some ways a great car, the setup and carbon seats in the Sport 410 just weren’t for me. It made it less comfortable than another car I own, but without actually making it any better to drive.

Reactions: DJW
Hi all,

just found this forum and thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve had a few Lotus cars over the years, and absolutely love their lightweight, involved approach to cars. I ordered an Emira relative soon after the reveal. I have no need for another car at all, but just can’t pass on this one as it looks like it’ll be awesome.

Lotus cars I’ve had so far:
2007 Exige S 240 - bought this after going into a London TVR/Lotus showroom asking about TVRs and even the dealer recommended against it 😂. It started my love of the way Lotus do things. I think I owned it about 2 years (and have regretting selling it many times).

1972 Elan Sprint DHC - was a dream to own one for many years, so when one came up in my perfect spec (DHC, pistachio) a few years ago I couldn’t say no. Absolutely love the thing. It’s currently undergoing a bit of a mechanical restoration and I can’t wait to get it back.

2017 Evora Sport 410 - while this was in some ways a great car, the setup and carbon seats in the Sport 410 just weren’t for me. It made it less comfortable than another car I own, but without actually making it any better to drive.
Hi, and welcome! That's a great cross section of Lotus ownership and driving experience you have. My own experience is limited to a slightly ratty eclat over 35 years ago - but loved it warts and all! I've always felt the elan +2 was unfairly overlooked - a great package and easily one of the prettiest Lotuses.

Welcome and a nice collection of cars. I'd love to see a picture of the Elan. I used to take part in the annual Club Lotus track days at Goodwood and always enjoyed seeing Elans being driven enthusiastically on track.