• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

North America, let’s give the Emira some love!

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was out for an aggressive drive this morning in the country. I’m sure I was grinning ear to ear. As I blatted along, I found myself thinking how much I love this freaking car. It is hitting all the right buttons for me!

Super comfortable, great engine sound, lovely steering, simple controls, sticks to the road like glue. I have low fidelity ears so even the audio system sounds good to me. It’s probably the nicest looking car sports car I’ve owned and gets a lot of positive attention, even though it’s totally covered with bug splats.

I have about 1200 miles on the car. No issues and have been very happy with my dealer (Gator Motorsport).

I’m interested to hear stories from other happy NA Emira owners. I hope you are as pleased with the car as I am, and are willing to spread the love on how great this car is!

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
checking in as a happy US (northern californa) emira owner!

IMG_6455.jpeg

KCDarkV

Reaction score
Very happy with mine. I’ve been driving it every day unless it rains. Very few dislikes about the car. It’s pretty much always the best looking car on the road. Love how it drives.

Photo taken as I looked back at it for the 10th time after parking.

IMG_2690.jpeg

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm at about 1750 miles and I went out on two short trips today (I work from home) just to pick up lunch and then go get my wife some coffee. I got multiple positive comments on both occasions. Every time I drive this car I'm immediately in a good mood. Today when I whined it out to about 6,500 under a tunnel I laughed audibly yelled to myself, "this is just so damn fun!"

This is by far the best looking, most fun, and overall "makes me happy" car I've ever owned and it's exactly what I was hoping for in returning to the MR2 nostalgia. I'm SO happy I bought the Emira and we're just getting started.

1715395602518.jpeg

DVGregori

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Happy here.
I love the way people move out of my way even when I'm not ever trying to get past them. People literally pull over to let me pass and at stop signs, they wave me past even when they are there first, it's the strangest thing I have ever seen. No
0M8A9667.jpg
t sure if they think because of the car I want to speed or they just want me to pass to get a better look, either way it's pretty hilarious.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love my Emira and it's been flawless. Every time i drive it is an event and uplifts me in a way I've never experienced. I'm in awe every time I see it. It just doesn't seem real. Pictures don't do it justice. The car is swarmed every where it goes; at car shows, the gas station and in traffic. Every single drive people smile, stare, wave and want to chat about it. As someone who can be introverted, it's jarring to have so much attention when out but I've enjoyed the interactions and sharing the experience with others.

As far as the driving experience, it's the best i've had on 4 wheels. The endless grip, the direct steering/shifter/brakes/throttle, the noise, the beautiful and intimate cabin, the way the car rewards you with smoother shifts the faster you shift.... it's absolutely astonishing. Admittedly, I was afraid of the car the first couple weeks of ownership and treated it like it was made glass, but after one particularly long drive I was able to relax behind the wheel and something clicked. The Emira became an extension of my body and I reached Nirvana. It was what dreams are made of. Being able to own an Emira has been one of the biggest highlights of my life.

Attached a photo and a drawing taken by others from the two previous carshows I've visited.

1000018886.jpg

1000018885.jpg

Last edited:

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just hit 1000 miles yesterday, so break-in period is behind me. Car makes me smile every time I drive it. Last night my 8 year old daughter was sad and I asked if she wanted to go for a drive. She said yes, and the cars speed, and fun sounds, and just feeling special for being in it, took away her sadness and replaced it with smiles and laughter. Very special car and very happy with it so far.
IMG_0321.jpeg

Last edited:

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love my Emira and it's been flawless. Every time i drive it is an event and uplifts me in a way I've never experienced. I'm in awe every time I see it. It just doesn't seem real. Pictures don't do it justice. The car is swarmed every where it goes; at car shows, the gas station and in traffic. Every single drive people smile, stare, wave and want to chat about it. As someone who can be introverted, it's jarring to have so much attention when out but I've enjoyed the interactions and sharing the experience with others.

As far as the driving experience, it's the best i've had on 4 wheels. The endless grip, the direct steering/shifter/brakes/throttle, the noise, the beautiful and intimate cabin, the way the car rewards you with smoother shifts the faster you shift.... it's absolutely astonishing. Admittedly, I was afraid of the car the first couple weeks of ownership and treated it like it was made glass, but after one particularly long drive I was able to relax behind the wheel and something clicked. The Emira became an extension of my body and I reached Nirvana. It was what dreams are made of. Being able to own an Emira has been one of the biggest highlights of my life.

Attached a photo and a drawing taken by others from the two previous carshows I've visited.

View attachment 43304
View attachment 43303
What color is that??? Assuming it was wrapped?

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's osmium. I think overcast weather and editing are making it appear more blu-ish than in person. It's the same hue as the silver wheels.

jimgraham

Reaction score
I sold my 2021 Evora GT and 2007 Exige S for the Emira and I would not go back under any circumstances. This car holds its own on the fun scale with my 675LT. But I find myself constantly thinking about driving the Emira, not the 675LT.

Attachments

• IMG_E0611.JPG
    IMG_E0611.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_E0628.JPG
    IMG_E0628.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_E0620.JPG
    IMG_E0620.JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 11

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's osmium. I think overcast weather and editing are making it appear more blu-ish than in person. It's the same hue as the silver wheels.
To me it looked like everything in the pics you shared had a bluish hue...perhaps the camera or settings? But I love Osmium...was my second choice after HY.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I sold my 2021 Evora GT and 2007 Exige S for the Emira and I would not go back under any circumstances. This car holds its own on the fun scale with my 675LT. But I find myself constantly thinking about driving the Emira, not the 675LT.
Sick! How do you feel the GT and the exige compare to it? Curious to hear your take

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To me it looked like everything in the pics you shared had a bluish hue...perhaps the camera or settings? But I love Osmium...was my second choice after HY.
Now I'm second guessing myself and can't tell if there's a blue hue... I may be color blind.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I love my Emira.
Just added a carbon spoiler.
Very easy to attach. $695. from Lotus of Dallas if anyone wants one call them mention my name. I think if you do they may give you $50 off.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpeg
    IMG_0747.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0742.mov
    21.4 MB
  • IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 62