Nimbus FE coming in time for Christmas

Tim Hurn

Reaction score
Hi. Just started the check-out process for my Nimbus/Black pack/Tan FE manual . Hopefully collecting from B&C in a couple of weeks.
I have used Elises as a daily driver since 1999. S1 for 15 years then a Series 2 SC and currently an S3. My flexibility has not improved in the last 20 years so decided on the Emira. Placed my deposit the day after the Launch and got my checkout email yesterday.
I got to test drive a Manual with touring suspension last Sunday at Bell and Colvill. Not much to add to the other comments on here except noone has mentioned the close ratios in the gearbox. To me they match the engine really well and are ideally set up for UK roads. Even when pootling around the busy B-roads of Surrey the Engine/gearbox is a joy to use.
I can't comment on performance as limited to 4000 rpm running in period. However I hope to get me car in time for Christmas so I will have an ulterior motive for visiting family in the Brecon Beacons. Can't wait!

Last edited:
OP
Tim Hurn

Tim Hurn

Reaction score
That is quick. My checkout email just dropped and I am being told delivery would be sometime in Jan.
Not been given a final date. Going the last "build Nov, Deliver Dec " update mail which seems to be accurate so far.
That is quick. My checkout email just dropped and I am being told delivery would be sometime in Jan.
I just spoke to customer service and the say I will get it before Christmas. We may be split by their Christmas break

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi. Just started the check-out process for my Nimbus/Black pack/Tan FE manual . Hopefully collecting from B&C in a couple of weeks.
I have used Elises as a daily driver since 1999. S1 for 15 years then a Series 2 SC and currently an S3. My flexibility has not improved in the last 20 years so decided on the Emira. Placed my deposit the day after the Launch and got my checkout email yesterday.
I got to test drive a Manual with touring suspension last Sunday at Bell and Colvill. Not much to add to the other comments on here except noone has mentioned the close ratios in the gearbox. To me they match the engine really well and are ideally set up for UK roads. Even when pootling around the busy B-roads of Surrey the Engine/gearbox is a joy to use.
I can't comment on performance as limited to 4000 rpm running in period. However I hope to get me car in time for Christmas so I will have an ulterior motive for visiting family in the Brecon Beacons. Can't wait!
LOVE that you have daily driven the Elise, legend ❤️
Congrats that is some Xmas present. Look fwd to seeing it as that was my second fave spec... almost, almost....

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Congrats on almost having your new car..:)!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations @Tim Hurn and @duff on getting your checkout emails.

Welcome to the forum Tim. Have your Elise adventures included any of the Newlands Corner breakfast meetings? If so, we may have met. I used to have an Elise S2 SC - a very intoxicating supercharger whine which encouraged repeated acceleration!

Look forward to seeing your Emira around the area and maybe at a few local meets. Keep us posted about delivery timing.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Welcome to the forum Tim. Have your Elise adventures included any of the Newlands Corner breakfast meetings? If so, we may have met. I used to have an Elise S2 SC - a very intoxicating supercharger whine which encouraged repeated acceleration!

Look forward to seeing your Emira around the area and maybe at a few local meets. Keep us posted about delivery timing.
Thanks @TomE. It was a bit of a shock to actually receive the checkout email after all the false starts.
I went and had another look at the car today to check I am doing the right thing after numerous global and personal changes since I placed the deposit. I confirmed to myself it does still look great and sound cracking, you do want the windows open to hear it properly though. Unfortunately no opportunity to take it for a spin again but I did get some quality time in the cabin and that has grown on me after being the open part that left me a bit cold after my test drive.

Last edited:
OP
Tim Hurn

Tim Hurn

Reaction score

Hi Tom

Not been to Newlands Corner. Wish I still had my SC for the reason you state plus its close ratio box. My S3 is frustrating because the rev limiter seems to cut in just and the Engine is getting going and it seems to have gear ratios from a Diesel hatchback.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Newlands Corner meeting is every third Sunday of the month. Info from this month's in the link, it's the same timing and format each month:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not been given a final date. Going the last "build Nov, Deliver Dec " update mail which seems to be accurate so far.

I just spoke to customer service and the say I will get it before Christmas. We may be split by their Christmas break
I hope you do, but I got my checkout email almost a week earlier and since then have heard nothing.... I could call this week, but they wont know anything I imagine....

I guess 19th of december, or 21st...... place your bets.....

OP
Tim Hurn

Tim Hurn

Reaction score
The Newlands Corner meeting is every third Sunday of the month. Info from this month's in the link, it's the same timing and format each month:
Thanks . I will try to drag myself out of bed!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks . I will try to drag myself out of bed!

Standing around in a damp car park with a bunch of car enthusiasts isn't for everyone ;)

But the bacon rolls are worth the early start!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Great news!
For the rest of us, take consulation in a stocking stuffer at your neighborhood Walmart (if you are lucky).
We need a Santa reaction emoji. 🎅
Screenshot_20221202_171633_Gallery.jpg

OP
Tim Hurn

Tim Hurn

Reaction score
UPDATE - Now have an invoice to pay and a delivery date of Dec 15 for collection at B&C. Check out was on Nov 25 so 21 days in total. I guess if I opted for Factory collection the car would be available earlier. Will be getting some PPF applied so I will have to wait a few days for that. Seems real now the cash has started leaving my account.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
UPDATE - Now have an invoice to pay and a delivery date of Dec 15 for collection at B&C. Check out was on Nov 25 so 21 days in total. I guess if I opted for Factory collection the car would be available earlier. Will be getting some PPF applied so I will have to wait a few days for that. Seems real now the cash has started leaving my account.
I checked out on Nov 3rd and still no delivery date insight… I opted for dealer collection as well.

I think my car failed the PDI and is now waiting for a part but I haven’t been told what… I’ve asked again what exactly was wrong but LCC are also in the dark…