Nifty Lify for Evora/Elise

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Chip chip Cherrio gentlemen,

I have decided to purchase a nifty lifty from Monkey wrench Racing for my 280whp Elise. As a gentleman that goes by the books, I was wondering if anyone has experience with this? Are there tourque specifications for the bolts? Do I torque to heavens content? Emails to them have not been replied to yet, although I am sure they will get back to me. For reference, the outer bolts work for my Evora, and the inner work for my Elise. They can be changed by removing the bolts and moving them to the outer or inner hole respectively.

This is the tool in questions.

three.jpeg

One side torqued to 11 ft lb and the other 10 ft lb

1.jpeg

two.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope you get your answer from them soon. My gut feeling is the torque on them isn’t very high as they’re just used to locate the pads and don’t see any load themselves.

I’ve seen this lifting tool before and was sort of confused as to how it would work on the Evora since they state it works on it. But my guesstimates the center to center rear jack points on the Evora are almost 47” apart when the tool itself is only 18” long, so they’re recommending to lift on unapproved crossmembers/subframe?

Last edited:
I'm no mechanic, but I don't think you're supposed to jack your car up using a shotgun! Yeah, yeah, I know, I'll leave now...

They confirmed hand tighten! Iffy on this tool, but should make getting back wheels off easy.

I’ve seen this lifting tool before and was sort of confused as to how it would work on the Evora since they state it works on it. But my guesstimates the center to center rear jack points on the Evora are almost 47” apart when the tool itself is only 18” long, so they’re recommending to lift on unapproved crossmembers/subframe?
The rubber bumpers are intended to surround existing bolt heads that fasten the rear diffuser to the rear subframe. It's not an awful place to jack, but as you say, it also isn't the specified locations described by Lotus.

The locations specified by Lotus aren't exclusionary though... they simply facilitate safely raising the car for the vast majority of service procedures. There are a bunch of service procedures in the factory service manual that wouldn't be possible when jacking with this tool, so Lotus wouldn't ever recommend it. That's different from it being explicitly contra-indicated.

FYI here's the Nifty Lifty instructions.

The rubber bumpers are intended to surround existing bolt heads that fasten the rear diffuser to the rear subframe. It's not an awful place to jack, but as you say, it also isn't the specified locations described by Lotus.

The locations specified by Lotus aren't exclusionary though... they simply facilitate safely raising the car for the vast majority of service procedures. There are a bunch of service procedures in the factory service manual that wouldn't be possible when jacking with this tool, so Lotus wouldn't ever recommend it. That's different from it being explicitly contra-indicated.

FYI here's the Nifty Lifty instructions.

While I generally agree with you as I tend to lift the car from suspension points, there's absolutely explicit contra-indicated instructions in the manual for the Emira (but not the Evora).

1674769354759.png

This goes ontop of D for the Elise

1674769755860.png