New nember Hi from Kent

NeilM

Reaction score
So I'm a long term Lotus Elise S1 owner, about 20 years. Finally had to sell it a couple of years ago and then completed on a house sale last week. Waited a whole 48 hours then ordered an emira. Eta q3 2024 unfortunately. I'm hoping the date comes forward a bit to make the most of summer. Currently based in Kent so ordered via caffyns, Ashford. Will be test driving in next few weeks and of course will also have a chance to test I4 with auto before choosing spec, with such a long wait.

Currently I'm leaning to DV, yellow callipers and tan interior but need to see it in person before deciding. Next choice would possibly be Black everything. No firm decision on engine yet.
Cheers
Neil

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum Neil.

There’s a DV car being delivered to a customer locally to me in the next 2 weeks and likely to attend our monthly Lotus owners meetings near Guildford, if you want to see DV in real life.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @NeilM and congrats on the order! Hopefully, Lotus will under-promise and over-deliver on the new delivery estimates. 🤞

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Blimey. That’s some waiting list. I thought my Dec 2023 i4 build date was long. July 2021 deposit mind.
Is 2025 the emission cut off date for the V6 in the Uk?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2025 hasn't been ratified yet and several EU manufacturers are lobbying hard for it to be pushed back.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can’t see Lotus taking v6 orders into 2025 even though it’s not ratified yet. After all they are moving towards completely EV

Last edited:
OP
N

NeilM

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Neil.

There’s a DV car being delivered to a customer locally to me in the next 2 weeks and likely to attend our monthly Lotus owners meetings near Guildford, if you want to see DV in real life.
Hi Tom, That would be really useful. I could probably bring a Supercharged Exige to blend in as good friend is also keen to check out the Emira. Where can I find the meet up dates?

OP
N

NeilM

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @NeilM and congrats on the order! Hopefully, Lotus will under-promise and over-deliver on the new delivery estimates. 🤞
That's what I'm hoping for, at least with cancellations and potential production line improvements, it might be a month or so early. I had to wait 9 months for my Elise but q3 2025 is demoralising indeed.

OP
N

NeilM

Reaction score
Hi Tom, That would be really useful. I could probably bring a Supercharged Exige to blend in as good friend is also keen to check out the Emira. Where can I find the meet up dates?
Actually I just found your thread about the details of the Guildford meet up. Will check diary and try and make it. Cheers

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Actually I just found your thread about the details of the Guildford meet up. Will check diary and try and make it. Cheers
You found it. It's always the third Sunday of the month, same time and location.

We'll wait for the new DV owner to break cover later this week after his car arrives, but I expect he'll be keen to show it to everyone, unless it's snowing :)