Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all
Recently joined the forum to keep up to speed with everything Emira. Odered a V6 manual in June following Goodwood and just received an email pushing my production out to Q2 2024!
I recently had a great test drive at Caffyns Lewes which makes the delay even harder to accept and 2 years from order to delivery is a long time!! Hoping for some better news or a cancelled order opportunity in 2023!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear about the push out for delivery. That news has been simply stunning. What's happening in 2023 that's causing V6 FE orders (at least for the U.K.) to get pushed back a full year??

My order went in last April, and the schedule was supposed to be built in February, delivered in April of 2023. My dealer in the U.S. says that's still what they're being told. I don't know if Lotus is shifting priority for next year's production to the U.S. (they were only supposed to be building about 500 VE V6's for us), or if Geely wants a good chunk of next year's production to be i4/V6 for China.

I guess we'll know soon enough if production of U.S. cars begins in January like it's supposed to.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and very sorry to hear the news affecting you and others with previous 2023 build dates now pushed into 2024.

I really think Lotus needs to give more of an explanation on this, particularly after previous delays included statements about being more confident about delivery estimates.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Emira Waiting Club. I'm hopeful Lotus will be able to beat these new delivery estimates.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum and very sorry to hear the news affecting you and others with previous 2023 build dates now pushed into 2024.

I really think Lotus needs to give more of an explanation on this, particularly after previous delays included statements about being more confident about delivery estimates.
I couldn't agree more! As dates appear to be moving out into 2024 then an explanation is warranted.
This isn't a month or two of slippage, but up to a whole calendar year.

Are we seeing such 2024 slippages for the UK region only or for other regions as well?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Only UK so far. Notifications only started going out on Thu and Fri so we may see updates for other regions in the coming days.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
On a positive note with these new delays the Emira has to hold hold its value in the first 12 to 24 months.

OP
B

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tried to get an update from CS on my order but no response yet to my email of 25 Nov! Given likely H2 2024 delivery, I have bought a year old BMW M4 Comp to replace my daily 430i and have a bit more fun in the meantime! Hopefully, it will be delivered before Xmas

OP
B

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I finallly got an update from Lotus CS yesterday but currently no movement on my estimated Q2 2024 build date (which is also subject to change). I asked about the liklihood of being offered a cancelled order and how this process worked. I was informed that cancelled orders are offered in line with both specification and deposit dates which makes sense. The surprising news was that they said less than 100 customer Emira's will be delivered by the year-end. I presume these exclude the dealer demo cars. I had previously read this number would be around 300!
Patience is a virtue............so it looks like a 2 year + wait for me! Lotus clearly have some work to do in 2023 to ramp up production!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I spoke to them on Monday they said 50 UK cars had been delivered so far, so 100 by end of year seems possible. I think the 300 previously mentioned was for end Jan not end Dec.

I’ve seen more posts about home deliveries and dealer collections this week, plus a few people being offered slots in Dec or early Jan. Definitely more cars reaching customers every day.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@TomE Do they recognise your voice now?

Ring ring..
CS: Hi, Lotus Customer Service, how can I help you?
Tom: Hi, Tom here, I was just wondering......
CS: Hold on, Sir.

[CS rep stands up an shouts out - "It's that bloke Tom again - anybody happy to take him?"]

7 second pause of people looking at each other.

[CS Rep - Bugger)

CS: Hi Tom, sorry bad line, How can I help you?

:LOL:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE Do they recognise your voice now?

Ring ring..
CS: Hi, Lotus Customer Service, how can I help you?
Tom: Hi, Tom here, I was just wondering......
CS: Hold on, Sir.

[CS rep stands up an shouts out - "It's that bloke Tom again - anybody happy to take him?"]

7 second pause of people looking at each other.

[CS Rep - Bugger)

CS: Hi Tom, sorry bad line, How can I help you?

:LOL:
They can tell it’s me from the incoming phone number. I’ve got three designated “handlers”, and so anyone else who answers the phone transfers me over to one of them :)