New Kid(s) on the Block

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For the US the anticipation of an Emira delivery in 4Q has raised some practical questions about service support, particularly where dealer access or proximity is not a small matter.
This concern certainly extends to other regions.
Here this brings up the prospect of new Lotus dealerships (10 have been rumored) and their location.
Right now it's anybody guess as to where, when and impact on the North America allocation process for 2023 (particularly as production capacity improves).
1. Do you think Lotus will look at Emira deposit patterns to designate sites?
2 What's your guess on where new flags will be planted?
3. How will allocations be affected?
4. Is the EV future a large factor in dealer network expansion?

#OpensPandorasBox

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For one, they of course have to make sure that any standalone new dealers are in strong territories.

My idea is to identify "dealer associated agents" a name that I just created. These agents can be other dealerships that can receive your car, ship it properly to a Lotus dealer for service, receive it back, and give the car back to you.

Perhaps they can even help facilitate sales by having a Virtual showroom. For example, maybe a dealer agent can be created in Chattanooga TN that works with the established Atlanta dealership.

Are there ways they can help make ownership easier without creating a lot of excess capacity?

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are a bunch of significant markets in the US with no dealer in reasonable driving distance.

Washington, DC/NoVA/Baltimore
Minneapolis, MN
Salt Lake City, UT
Portland, OR
Phoenix, AZ
Kansas City, MO
Albuquerque, NM
Reno, NV
Richmond, VA
VA Beach/Norfolk metro area, VA
etc...

What did I miss?

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of significant markets in the US with no dealer in reasonable driving distance.

Washington, DC/NoVA/Baltimore
Minneapolis, MN
Salt Lake City, UT
Portland, OR
Phoenix, AZ
Kansas City, MO
Albuquerque, NM
Reno, NV
Richmond, VA
VA Beach/Norfolk metro area, VA
etc...

What did I miss?

I'd like to add Wilmington/Philly to that list.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to believe Lotus’ dealer strategy will be tied more closely to the 132 and beyond. Considering the model run length and limited market for an ICE sports car their existing North American dealership footprint can support the projected volume.

I’d expect them to grow through extension of the Volvo dealer footprint. And from a timing perspective, not really have a material effect to the existing wait lists for the Emira.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd like to add Wilmington/Philly to that list.
Well there are two in NJ in a more or less reasonable distance from Philly (or Wilmington DE). The other ones I listed are like 4+ hours from the nearest dealer. You're right about market size though.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there are two in NJ in a more or less reasonable distance from Philly (or Wilmington DE). The other ones I listed are like 4+ hours from the nearest dealer. You're right about market size though.

True, but it's 90 minutes to my closest Lotus dealer and this is their online presence:

Screenshot_20220320-190057_Chrome.jpg

That being said, I had to make my Emira deposit with Summit, who's another 30-40 minutes further. At least they have good reviews and answer their phone when a potential customer calls wanting to give them $100k for a car sight unseen.

Point is.. There are literally 10 official Porsche dealers (and 13 more who frequently sell and service Porsche) within 2 hours from me. That's 23 dealers vs the measly (let's just call it) 1.5 Lotus dealers near me. That's a hard pill to swallow. I might as well own a Spyker or something here in the States.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is crazy. I can't believe a dealer did this. It reads like somebody who is off their meds.

1647873271847.png

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This is crazy. I can't believe a dealer did this. It reads like somebody who is off their meds.

View attachment 4049
Pretty bad right? Their online presence is terrible and made me stay far away from them... The response from "the owner" alone is enough to keep me away. That's no way to operate or respond to anyone. Just imagine bringing your car there for service and something going wrong and that's who you get to deal with.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Pretty bad right? Their online presence is terrible and made me stay far away from them... The response from "the owner" alone is enough to keep me away. That's no way to operate or respond to anyone. Just imagine bringing your car there for service and something going wrong and that's who you get to deal with.
Why aren’t we naming names?

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
For the US the anticipation of an Emira delivery in 4Q has raised some practical questions about service support, particularly where dealer access or proximity is not a small matter.
This concern certainly extends to other regions.
Here this brings up the prospect of new Lotus dealerships (10 have been rumored) and their location.
Right now it's anybody guess as to where, when and impact on the North America allocation process for 2023 (particularly as production capacity improves).
1. Do you think Lotus will look at Emira deposit patterns to designate sites?
2 What's your guess on where new flags will be planted?
3. How will allocations be affected?
4. Is the EV future a large factor in dealer network expansion?

#OpensPandorasBox
I don't think the deposit will determine the demographics correctly unless they look at prospective buyer's true address, I drove 2 hours to place my deposit when I have a dealership less than 45 minutes away, just because of service...Lotus is light years away from been a mainstream car manufacturer but the EMIRA is the first step!