Magma sighting today

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I saw the magma emira today with the ice interior, obviously a pre prod test mule but what stood out to me was that the seats looked fantastic compared to the original show tour cars.

The chap mentioned that these seats aren't even the finished product.

The Interior looked sublime as well, much better finishing and quality again than the original show car.

The steering wheel oddly had the auto flappy paddles but it was a v6 manual too....

I can't wait for (supposed) delivery of mine next month, I was torn between the magma and Hethel yellow,and although this was beautiful today,I feel the red was too "deep cherry" for me.

That ice interior was stunning though.

Also, I'm glad Scott Walker also talked me out of the privacy glass,as the V6 was on full view today, I wouldn't want to hide that at all.

Attachments

• 20220604_145936.jpg
    20220604_145936.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 585
  • 20220604_145953.jpg
    20220604_145953.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 562
  • 20220604_145946.jpg
    20220604_145946.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 550
  • 20220604_150212.jpg
    20220604_150212.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 526
  • 20220604_150446.jpg
    20220604_150446.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 546

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Externally I've configured the same Magma, half black pack, diamond cut wheels, no privacy glass and black brake calipers - hopefully mine will arrive with wheel centre caps!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I saw the magma emira today with the ice interior, obviously a pre prod test mule but what stood out to me was that the seats looked fantastic compared to the original show tour cars.

The chap mentioned that these seats aren't even the finished product.

The Interior looked sublime as well, much better finishing and quality again than the original show car.

The steering wheel oddly had the auto flappy paddles but it was a v6 manual too....

I can't wait for (supposed) delivery of mine next month, I was torn between the magma and Hethel yellow,and although this was beautiful today,I feel the red was too "deep cherry" for me.

That ice interior was stunning though.

Also, I'm glad Scott Walker also talked me out of the privacy glass,as the V6 was on full view today, I wouldn't want to hide that at all.
its looks quite copper toned to me.... not a great day though for fotos, no sun at all by the look of it. The wheels, which I have ordered, dont look that great on it either....
but I am still hopeful.. hah

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Man wish I would have opted out of privacy glass, but I do believe the engine will still be viewable even with the privacy glass

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
its looks quite copper toned to me.... not a great day though for fotos, no sun at all by the look of it. The wheels, which I have ordered, dont look that great on it either....
but I am still hopeful.. hah
My photography skills are about as good as a chocolate teapot to be fair,but I can confirm it was gorgeous in red.

You won't be disappointed

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The ice leather leather seats are missing the black center stripes that are shown on the Lotus site. Hopefully the black stripe will make the final version of the seats.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My photography skills are about as good as a chocolate teapot to be fair,but I can confirm it was gorgeous in red.

You won't be disappointed
thank you.... I may change to black wheels at some point... OR...just wrap them.
I went with the forged diamond cut supposedly as I am sure these wheels are worth more than the others and hence, as all is bundled in, why not......
I am sure on the base version these wheels will be about 1000 extra over the others.. so made sense.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The ice leather leather seats are missing the black center stripes that are shown on the Lotus site. Hopefully the black stripe will make the final version of the seats.
We're seeing various pre-production seat covers being used. I think one of the prototype cars with tan seats also had no headrest stripes on at least one of its seats.

We need to remember that Lotus is a small scale car manufacturer. To save development costs, they re-use prototype seat foams or covers where they can, and don't invest in add-ons that don't affect testing objectives (like the headrest stripe or the three embossed areas on seat backrests) to reduce unnecessary financial waste.

The pre-prod cars also use factory seconds like chipped wheels, earlier iteration plastics that didn't quite fit right as these cars will mostly likely be binned or crushed and can't legally be road registered. The whole process is very wasteful, but highlights how expensive it is to design new cars these days.

Last edited: