Lotus Eletre and Emeya First Look and Drive!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hands on and behind the wheel with the first electric Lotus vehicles!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for posting this. I think it just looks hideous. From the side you would think its a Nissan/Toyota E vehicle. All those fancy gadgets just mean $$$ when they break. The movable front slats for driving will get broken so easy through birds and rocks.

I want to like it, but Ill be honest and think they really missed the mark with this one. The concept cars from the 2000's were much better than this, just to much going on.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really quite like it. Lots of EVs (except Taycan Maybe) look unnecessarily 'janky' or 'like an EV'.
Thankfully the styling has departed from this and about time too. I do prefer the rear :sneaky:
I agree with the moving parts etc especially those front vents but we just have to accept this is the now and hardly any vehicle produced now EVs or ICE are somewhat beyond the owner driver being able to do all but the most rudimentary servicing or repairs if at all. Every car is packed with electronics which will, I believe, render them scrap before the vehicle is truly worn out.

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anything electric is just a hard no from me at this point. I drove the Electra recently and if you're into EVs then maybe it's interesting but I found it deeply uninspiring to drive. It was basically single-pedal driving such was the deceleration resulting from the regen braking. If it was fully autonomous I can see it as a future direction but not as a drivers car. I'm biased of course as a manual v6 Emira driver but I wouldn't look to replace our Disco sport with something like this.

Al that said, I wish Lotus all the best and I'm very keen that they sell lots of them.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have to admit I have only driven the Taycan once since getting it back a couple of weeks ago and its certainly not
The Emira Experience!!!!!!!!

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's fairly clear now the Emira was a fluke design wise.