Why doesn't Lotus just continue the Emira styling on their new cars?

ayoyo

Reaction score
Both Eletre and Emeya are not good looking comparing to the Emira. I don't understand why the Emeya follows Eletre's ugly styling instead of scaling up the Emira. I agree going electric is the way to go. But the styling just doesn't excite me too much.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
having one homogenous style cue between all cars like BMW and Audi is kinda boring tbh i would prefer my Emira to be unique

besides I like how the Emeya looks

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with @EZcheezy. I think it would water down Emira's exotic coupe appeal.

Emira looks similar to a Ferrari/Mclaren/Huracan

Eletre looks like an Urus with curves, so it will sell like hotcakes. (60% of Lamborghini's sells are the Urus.)
I do feel the front bumper would need some refinement in the next face lifts, but thats all I really can call out.

I like the rear designs on Eletre and Emeya.

Audi does it to all of their cars, but conservative with cool lights is their thing.
9d8babc88521b7800d47484a5c57c193x.jpg

wp5018121.jpg

Pro-Eng

Reaction score
My understanding is they were styled essentially by separate teams. Emira and Evija were conceived at Hethel under Russell Car where Emeya and Eletre are Lotus Tech products run through Ben Payne’s studio in Coventry. Given Emeya and Eletre are based on Geely/Zeekr products too, the proportions are pre-defined by the carryover architecture which would probably limit what could be achieved.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree with @EZcheezy. I think it would water down Emira's exotic coupe appeal.

Emira looks similar to a Ferrari/Mclaren/Huracan

Eletre looks like an Urus with curves, so it will sell like hotcakes. (60% of Lamborghini's sells are the Urus.)
I do feel the front bumper would need some refinement in the next face lifts, but thats all I really can call out.

I like the rear designs on Eletre and Emeya.

Audi does it to all of their cars, but conservative with cool lights is their thing.
9d8babc88521b7800d47484a5c57c193x.jpg

wp5018121.jpg
Nice - you picked my other car :)

Not in green though. That's only for the brave!