Los Angeles- thinking of putting a manual emira on Turo...am i crazy?

goto35

Reaction score
was about to cancel my emira order (the dealer is happy to give me my deposit back) however i started a Turo business this year.

Im thinking of putting a manual emira on Turo. Am i crazy!?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Why would you do that? That's crazy. People rent on Turo because they want to do things to cars that normal rental places won't let them.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is an absurdly bad idea. Do you know how much repairing that car is going to cost you after your dealer tells you the damage isn't covered by warranty?

This isn't like a Porsche where you can buy spare parts from any online retailer or dealer. The parts for an Emira mostly do not exist, or are dedicated by the factory for the new car assembly line. Getting *anything* significant or expensive/important to repair one of these is going to take many weeks, if not months.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At least break it in first.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This thread boils down to, "I want to destroy something special that someone else could have loved and enjoyed for many years, and as a bonus I will make no profit whatsoever by doing so."

Drambeenie

Reaction score
This thread boils down to, "I want to destroy something special that someone else could have loved and enjoyed for many years, and as a bonus I will make no profit whatsoever by doing so."
Think it’s just click bait

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dont let anyone (except my wife) drive any of my cars (even if value almost worthless) without being in the car myself....ever.
Dont see how Turo is even a thing for nicer cars.
You place too much faith in people that would be renting your car. Most are renting it to abuse it and see how fast it can go.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
to answer your question:

yes,
yes you are crazy

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I rented a 718 Cayman S on Turo once and immediately used it to move firewood.

IMG_20200207_155624.jpg

IMG_20200207_155711.jpg

Last edited:

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Alternatively,

I rented a 2020 Evora GT on Turo while on a 10th anniversary wedding trip with my wife. That experience changed my life! When we got back from that trip I knew I had to have a Lotus.

So in a weird way I owe my Emira ownership to some brave soul who decided to Turo their Lotus.

But!

There's no way I would let someone drive my Emira the way I drove that Evora GT! No matter the price! And why else would you rent a Lotus?