Look what turned up in my sleepy Oxfordshire village...

EM12AAM

Reaction score
Came home from holiday to my small south Oxfordshire village to see this prototype car. No idea what it's doing here...

IMG_3172[2].JPG

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Came home from holiday to my small south Oxfordshire village to see this prototype car. No idea what it's doing here...

View attachment 7489
probably they have just forgotten about it, or maybe abandoned it. If its still there in a few days, claim it :).
People on here love white, I think the esprit looked good in it, but not a big fan of any other car on the planet in white and before people answer, think VAN... hah

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good spot! It’s probably one of the mileage accumulation cars. They’ve given several to staff to drive 7 days a week to put them through 1000s of miles of real usage.

Did you try scanning the QR code?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Good spot! It’s probably one of the mileage accumulation cars. They’ve given several to staff to drive 7 days a week to put them through 1000s of miles of real usage.

I did off of the picture takes you to the website

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can‘t really make out if that’s red or tan interior, but yeah gimme that color with a black pack and diamond cuts

OP
E

EM12AAM

Reaction score

Yeah of course I did. Was hoping it would be some kind of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory golden ticket but it actually takes you to the Lotus recruitment website...

OP
E

EM12AAM

Reaction score
The alloys appear gunmetal in colour? I wonder whether a future option or simply playing around with possible colours?
Yes exactly right. I might nip around and see if it's still there and get some better pictures of the wheels,

OP
E

EM12AAM

Reaction score
Can‘t really make out if that’s red or tan interior, but yeah gimme that color with a black pack and diamond cuts
Interior is red. Wouldn't be my choice but each to their own!

OP
E

EM12AAM

Reaction score

IMG_3177[1].JPG

So actually I scanned the QR code on the bonnet... didn't occur to me that they'd be different so in case anyone is interested... Registration plate is AU71 EGK.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah of course I did. Was hoping it would be some kind of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory golden ticket but it actually takes you to the Lotus recruitment website...

Shame, I was hoping it took you to a special Emira spotters site “gotta catch them all” :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The alloys appear gunmetal in colour? I wonder whether a future option or simply playing around with possible colours?
Looks like they’re the Base cast wheels. I think they’re going to be available in silver, black and grey.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No pressure but, there are NO known pictures of the red interior online so please go snap the hell out of that!

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks like they’re the Base cast wheels. I think they’re going to be available in silver, black and grey.
I have previously seen them in silver and black but hadn't seen/recalled the grey. Always a gamble to get the shade right - I failed when I had my SSR GT1 alloys powdercoated on my S2000.

OP
E

EM12AAM

Reaction score
No pressure but, there are NO known pictures of the red interior online so please go snap the hell out of that!
Ah well sadly I didn't take any pictures of the interior... in honesty it felt strangely intrusive even looking inside for some reason... maybe because it was parked outside of someone's house... although I was curious as there was something plugged in to the centre console...

Of course when I looked this morning the car had already gone...

Anyway, this is the only picture I took that shows the interior at all.
IMG_3176.JPG

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ah well sadly I didn't take any pictures of the interior... in honesty it felt strangely intrusive even looking inside for some reason... maybe because it was parked outside of someone's house... although I was curious as there was something plugged in to the centre console...

Of course when I looked this morning the car had already gone...

Anyway, this is the only picture I took that shows the interior at all.View attachment 7491

Well if it turns back up, you know what to do :)

These employees must have some expectation that people will gawk. I mean, the QR code is literally placed there with the expectation you will point a camera at it!

Side note I think I saw this car on the factory floor back in May, but at that point it had black seats (red dash and door trim but not yet red seats).