Long standing reader, now member from Germany

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am happy to announce that I was able to pick up the car today! It is still so surreal but I can already say that I totally adore the car!

I was surprised that I got a nice little giftbox with a color sample in the Emira shape (and the key inside it), together with a carbon cutout for the second key.

The ride on the tour suspension is sublime, exactly what I was hoping it would be. But to my surprise I have to say that it sits about 1cm higher than the sport suspension cars! First I couldnt believe it but I compared it side by side and my car definitely sits a bit higher!

The pedal box is in my opinion better than in the Evora and the gearshift is a bit smoother and shorter. I'd say definitely an enhancement compared to the old generation. But - there is gearbox noise galore! Even more than in my Evora to be honest. I just file under character of the drivetrain from now on. It plays well with the supercharger (which is very dominant in the engine compartment). Overall - nothing to complain so far, in fact positively surprised. Ok, the parking sensor is a bit sensitive but maybe there is a setting somewhere. Now off to another drive ... 😎
The box for the keys is cool and a nice touch, with the planform model the same colour as the car.

It's hilarious that after all the debate about ride height and repeated statements by everyone at the factory (including Gav Kershaw several times), there IS a difference in ride height between Touring and Sports!

I'm disappointed to hear about the gearbox noise. That's been mentioned a few times now by new owners and test drivers of final production cars. That's been one of the ongoing issues with my Evora and top of my list of things to check on my Emira test drive. There's a fine line between "characterful" and "intrusive".

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I am happy to announce that I was able to pick up the car today! It is still so surreal but I can already say that I totally adore the car!

I was surprised that I got a nice little giftbox with a color sample in the Emira shape (and the key inside it), together with a carbon cutout for the second key.

The ride on the tour suspension is sublime, exactly what I was hoping it would be. But to my surprise I have to say that it sits about 1cm higher than the sport suspension cars! First I couldnt believe it but I compared it side by side and my car definitely sits a bit higher!

The pedal box is in my opinion better than in the Evora and the gearshift is a bit smoother and shorter. I'd say definitely an enhancement compared to the old generation. But - there is gearbox noise galore! Even more than in my Evora to be honest. I just file under character of the drivetrain from now on. It plays well with the supercharger (which is very dominant in the engine compartment). Overall - nothing to complain so far, in fact positively surprised. Ok, the parking sensor is a bit sensitive but maybe there is a setting somewhere. Now off to another drive ... 😎
I missed this yesterday! Congratulations 😍🤩
Look fwd to hearing your thoughts, enjoy!!!