• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Limited alignment adjustments

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is going to be really track oriented and absolutely not a problem if you aren’t a track rat.

Emira’s camber can only be maxed out at -1.3 on the front and 1.5 on the rears. After finishing my break in I immediately took mine to the track. While the rest of the car felt great, the alignment was pretty underwhelming. Not only it felt not sharp but it also managed to kill the outside of my tires within 2 sessions. That’s some hilarious driving feel but also hilariously bad for Track use.

I’ve spoken to the GT4 team that won the Macau race with the emira and they report the same problems having limited adjustments. The best solution is to have a set of control arm made for the front and rears which will allow much more camber adjustments suitable for track use. A set was quoted for roughly $10,000 CAD forged 7075 Aluminum. That’s completely outside of a reasonable price range just to get more camber.

Have anyone came across any other mods more sensible in terms of allowing more cambers on the car?

Attachments

• IMG_4209.jpeg
    IMG_4209.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Macau team had mentioned a set of eccentric shims for allowing it up to 2.25 for camber but they aren’t available for purchase for retail customers.

sincerely hoping for more mods to become available to unleash the full potential of the chassis!

Attachments

• df8966fe223bf39bca22e3e47a8dbc51.jpeg
    df8966fe223bf39bca22e3e47a8dbc51.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 11

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Adjustable arms are a common mod on Elige. I imagine it's just a matter of time before the aftermarket has a reasonable solution.

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Adjustable arms are a common mod on Elige. I imagine it's just a matter of time before the aftermarket has a reasonable solution.
for sure! I loved how it drives so really hoping for mods to become more common to be able to fully enjoy this car.

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Especially the EU and Asian market had the car for 2 years now I thought parts would have already been readily available 😂