Lease or buy?

zzthechampion

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting an Emira but first wanted to explore my options a bit. One question was if I should lease or buy the Emira?

Also I have not been able to find any estimates on what a lease payment versus a finance payment would be so if someone could help me with that information that would be very helpful.
Thanks!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is such a complicated subject and has many factors such as length of lease, the miles you want to drive, business or private and what’s available.
Personally I’d sooner buy but it depends on what you can afford. Payment up front has no interest but loans with sizeable deposits can be cheaper than finance.
Our work vehicles are a very good price even based on high mileage but I imagine a sports car will be high even on low mileage because they don’t expect lease car owners to look after them as well.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well this one is simpler than it seems: Do you want to rent or own this Emira?

All the other factors aside, that's what it comes down to.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Impossible to know, is so heavily based on your own position, objectives, risk position, potential depreciation, to name a few.... However, I would 'suspect' that leasing may not actually be that competitive compared to other financing solutions. Buying outright is a different proposition altogether.

R35_J

Reaction score
Well this one is simpler than it seems: Do you want to rent or own this Emira?

All the other factors aside, that's what it comes down to.
Very simplistic approach. Some people own a business and they can lease it through there with a write off. This really depends on the individual.

OP
Z

zzthechampion

Reaction score
This is such a complicated subject and has many factors such as length of lease, the miles you want to drive, business or private and what’s available.
Personally I’d sooner buy but it depends on what you can afford. Payment up front has no interest but loans with sizeable deposits can be cheaper than finance.
Our work vehicles are a very good price even based on high mileage but I imagine a sports car will be high even on low mileage because they don’t expect lease car owners to look after them as well.

Sorry I didn't want to bog the post down with too many details but this is informative. The lease would be through a business. I WANT to own the car but people are telling me it might be worth to lease it first and then buying it out in 3 years. Their rationale is that if it is a lemon or there are significant problems I am not on the hook for it.

ssim

Reaction score
Are they even offering leases this early into sales? Maybe a third party lender?