Latest Video from Lotus - The Best Lotus Ever Made

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just assume everyone is catching all the new content that comes out on the Emira. But just in case, here is the latest one. This is an exciting time to be a car enthusiast. Seems like all brands are going for broke on their last ICEs.

And please, by all means, current and former Lotus owners, please tell us what he means by the best Lotus ever!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus for me has always been about ride and handling. You could put me in a car with all distinguishing features hidden and I'd know within half a mile (probably less) it was a Lotus. Someone in another group described it "once you've driven a Lotus it spoils you for all other cars".

Not everyone values ride and handling or has it at the top of their list. Which is why Lotus has tended to appeal to a niche audience. To broaden that appeal they need to be strong in other areas too.

In the past the great R&H has come with compromises elsewhere. Things like ease of access, comfort, looks, reliability, fit and finish, build quality. Plus variable dealer experience and after sales support. Quality and reliability have improved massively over the last decade. The Geely investment is further upping the game on that, with a particular emphasis on fit and finish and "perceived quality".

The Emira brings the key elements together: great design, great looks, better equipment, better build. It's the most fully-resolved Lotus. I think the jury is still out on dealer experience and after sales (we've heard lots but need to see actions now). And for some people there's still a question mark over quality, which partly depends on what that means for you - the parts of the car you can see, the bits underneath or the ownership experience.

What's also really exciting is the designers, engineers, aerodynamicists, ride & handling folks, sales team and everyone who has driven it all say the Emira is a noticeable step forward from the Evora on ride and handling. I'm so looking forward to driving it!

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice vid- tks for sharing! Will take any new media while I'm waiting for info half way round the world.
Lotus should really just stop using the slammed blue car and show the "reality".
Odd to hear the voice over "...settle its car down onto its suspension..." while he's clearly looking at the wheel well of a non road going model :p :
Screenshot 2021-10-12 111750.png

ayoyo

Reaction score
I am sort of disappointed that Lotus hasn't gone all out on the Emira's engine output. The V6 can easily reached 430HP while the AMG-I4 can get at least 416HP. Saying Emira is their best ever while the 0 to 100Km/h is worse than Evora doesn't make much sense. I am a big Lotus fan, I hope they can really go all out on their last ICE car.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus for me has always been about ride and handling. You could put me in a car with all distinguishing features hidden and I'd know within half a mile (probably less) it was a Lotus. Someone in another group described it "once you've driven a Lotus it spoils you for all other cars".

Not everyone values ride and handling or has it at the top of their list. Which is why Lotus has tended to appeal to a niche audience. To broaden that appeal they need to be strong in other areas too.

In the past the great R&H has come with compromises elsewhere. Things like ease of access, comfort, looks, reliability, fit and finish, build quality. Plus variable dealer experience and after sales support. Quality and reliability have improved massively over the last decade. The Geely investment is further upping the game on that, with a particular emphasis on fit and finish and "perceived quality".

The Emira brings the key elements together: great design, great looks, better equipment, better build. It's the most fully-resolved Lotus. I think the jury is still out on dealer experience and after sales (we've heard lots but need to see actions now). And for some people there's still a question mark over quality, which partly depends on what that means for you - the parts of the car you can see, the bits underneath or the ownership experience.

What's also really exciting is the designers, engineers, aerodynamicists, ride & handling folks, sales team and everyone who has driven it all say the Emira is a noticeable step forward from the Evora on ride and handling. I'm so looking forward to driving it!
Well said.

Russc

Reaction score
At the viewing i had a chat with one of the lotus techs. He said that part of the aero was designed to remove the dirty air from the arches and the front was designed to produce 85KG of downforce. The bottom is also flat to help the car grip the road. Stupidly i didn`t ask wat what speed.......