Last Minute Auto Wobble…Is i4 the right choice?

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Got an answer from Lotus asking whether the BE V6 exhaust will have no particulate filter like the FE:
1652460489936.png

OP
Emira2023

Emira2023

Reaction score
Awaiting reviews with baited breath…I really want to know what people think of the V6 Auto box as I think I do really want a V6 supercharged howl to go with my Emira…

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Awaiting reviews with baited breath…I really want to know what people think of the V6 Auto box as I think I do really want a V6 supercharged howl to go with my Emira…
I am expecting delivery in Aug (may slip to Sept) for a V6 Auto. I currently have a V6 Auto Exige (my2015) and I cant fault it. Easy to drive around town when I have my wife joining me but switch to sport with paddles and it comes to life (the car not my wife). I am expecting the Emira to be improved and thus even more fun. I use it as a daily driver and have covered 85000Km - it has never let me down.

OP
Emira2023

Emira2023

Reaction score
I am expecting delivery in Aug (may slip to Sept) for a V6 Auto. I currently have a V6 Auto Exige (my2015) and I cant fault it. Easy to drive around town when I have my wife joining me but switch to sport with paddles and it comes to life (the car not my wife). I am expecting the Emira to be improved and thus even more fun. I use it as a daily driver and have covered 85000Km - it has never let me down.
Ok thanks for the positive feedback on the Auto box. Makes me feel like that is going to be good and then I can go with the V6 I really wanted…it was the DCT that was making me veer off to an i4 but my gut feeling is you can’t beat 6 cylinders (+supercharger!)…reviews will confirm this I think!

Watching Alpine 110 reviews (1.8l, but even so, representative of 4 pot sound) also made me realise a 4 pot sound is what it is regardless of exhaust tune…a smoother purr from 6 pots sounds so good and then there is the supercharger whine on top too.

Cheers.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I cant see any of the review cars being auto. But I know the auto box with the latest programming is brilliant.
In what way is it brilliant? I've ordered auto but worry that it will have excessive lag. I've had dct and slush in all car types . A good slush box is both smooth and quick changing, a bad one suffers nodding dog syndrome.......a good dct is seamlessly quick, a bad one hesitates which way to change, typically on the over run.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
DCT is an impressive technical solution but no longer streets ahead of an auto box. ZF Autos now shift so well BMW use them for the M3/M4. Add to the fact you don’t have the complexity and cost of a dual clutch replacement, auto is a good choice for a daily driver coping in traffic and B-road attacker at the weekend.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the positive feedback on the Auto box. Makes me feel like that is going to be good and then I can go with the V6 I really wanted…it was the DCT that was making me veer off to an i4 but my gut feeling is you can’t beat 6 cylinders (+supercharger!)…reviews will confirm this I think!

Watching Alpine 110 reviews (1.8l, but even so, representative of 4 pot sound) also made me realise a 4 pot sound is what it is regardless of exhaust tune…a smoother purr from 6 pots sounds so good and then there is the supercharger whine on top too.

Cheers.
If the choice was v6 manual or i4 dct I would have neither the 4 pot does nothing for me me at all coming from a 2020 c63s the noise and grunt is what I let’s all about for me so I hand on heart think going for the v6 auto is the right choice for you , look on the plus side if you get the v6 auto and don’t like it you will lose very little then you can wait a while for them to release a i4 410 s +++ or what ever the faster addition will be and then get that 👌🏽 Win win!

I have a v6 auto in nimbus coming in September I will let you know how I get on 👌🏽👌🏽

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m slowly stepping forward towards a Aspen White Base Spec V6……. Oh no 🙉
Nimbus FE i4 vs Aspen BE v6 manual - ahhhhhhhhhhh. I have an EV daily…..weekend warrior car it is.

Weyland

Reaction score
To answer the OPs question, I guess it depends why you are buying the car? For me, driving cars like this is a visceral experience, it'll have low annual mileage and should be an assault on the senses - therefore manual v6 is the only way for me.

If I was buying it for a daily I'd probably go for the i4. I don't see any other reason to buy the i4 :unsure:

shu5892001

Reaction score
I will be getting a V6 Manual but if I had to get the manual, would be the I4 DCT for sure. The I4 AMG motor will have a lot more tuning potential than the V6 and with DCT, it will no doubt be the fastest version of the emira.