Emira Status
Emira Owner
Been waiting for this!!

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just watched it. Really happy with that result and he’s right in what he says about Lotus, think we’ve all been saying the same.

Also @JayEmm i get my car in April with Tour suspension. If you want to compare you’re welcome to take a drive in mine. Based in Norfolk so not far

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great video @JayEmm
I think that is a really important one. Of all the you tubers, James really knows Lotus, knows the Evora and is in a position to comment. Like me, as an Evora owner, he knows that as a Lotus owner, you have to put up with a few things that just go with the territory, but once you drive it, you soon forget about them and enjoy it for what it is. He’d have one over a cayman and a 911. Enough said.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes good review better than I thought he would say. But have one over a 911? Wonder what he thinks about the 6k price increase.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not happy about that, and would have mentioned it if I had known in advance.

Communication from Lotus seems consistently poor, and some have suggested the price you pay is related to delivery not order date - which is a very poor show if true.
That is the case. They set it at May 2023 so if your car comes before then you get the old price and after the new price, it’s especially poor after Matt Windle promised on video they wouldn’t do this

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Honest review! I really appreciate @JayEmm called out the initial issues and got the complaints on the record but also out of the way early on. The rest of the review was pretty stellar. 😎

It was also good to hear that he avoided watching other Emira reviews as not to influence his opinion before he got to test this one.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not happy about that, and would have mentioned it if I had known in advance.

Communication from Lotus seems consistently poor, and some have suggested the price you pay is related to delivery not order date - which is a very poor show if true.
Great review - thank you. Your Evora content persuaded me to get my 410 Sport (auto), sold in readiness for the Emira.

Great to see an honest review from someone who understands Lotus (if such a thing is possible). Very excited now for my V6 auto due in March/April, just need to sell my A110 (purchased after I sold my Evora way too soon) and hope that Lotus get Type Approval for the autos PDQ.

some have suggested the price you pay is related to delivery not order date
The price you pay is entirely dependant on delivery date not order date, confirmed by Lotus to all UK customers as discussed on another thread.
Communication from Lotus seems consistently poor
That is a very diplomatic way of putting it!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great review! Car looked pretty awesome as usual and on point with all his moaning!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was easily the best Emira review video that I've seen in the past year. Seriously, well-done, @JayEmm! All of your comments were brutally-fair, and yet it was great to see that the car nevertheless still puts a smile on your face. :)

Also, I am LOVING that 80s theme that's woven into this video!! :D