Japan - Who and Where are you? (エミーラ・ユーザー生息分布調査)

Where in Japan are you located? (split is based on the 8 regions + Okinawa)

• Hokkaido

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tohoku (Aomori, Iwate, Akita, Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima)

• Kanto (Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa)

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Chubu (Yamanashi, Nagano, Niigata, Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui, Shizuoka, Aichi, Gifu)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Kinki (Mie, Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Nara, Wakayama)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Chugoku (Tottori, Shimane, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi)

• Shikoku (Kagawa, Ehime, Tokushima, Kochi)

• Kyushu (Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Ooita, Miyazaki, Kagoshima)

• Okinawa

• Total voters

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone on here?
目立つだろうなー!
This is from the “Lotus Emira Group” on Facebook. It was posted by Hiroshi Yokota who is a friend of the two new Emira owners from Okinawa, who seem to have bought their cars in Nagoya and toured around Honshu before taking a ferry home to Okinawa. Hiroshi Yokota is a happy 2ZR Elise owner. I have suggested that they check out our partly Japanese language sections here on ‘Emiraforum’, and told them that we already have many Japanese members who will be very glad to talk to them in Japanese if they are not comfortable in English. The very friendly Hiroshi Yokota is English (and Japanese) speaking, and I mentioned that he is welcome here even if he does not have (or intend to buy) an Emira for the time being.

Last edited:
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@GetawayDriving Posting here, as it's not really a "car event". All forum members are welcome to join! Y’all can even go to the Japan Mobility Show 2023 together if you want (that would be a "car event", so belongs in the other thread).

フォーラム・メンバーが米国から来日予定とのことなので「メシでもどうよ」と。せっかくなので店名に「ロータス」が含まれているものを候補に挙げてみました。都合のつく方はぜひいらして下さい!

This is amazing, thank you. Too bad you'll be away! I might be sticking around for 2 weeks or so starting around the 23rd, it's all up in the air.

I'll be around until Friday (27th), so maybe we can work something out --- grab a bite or some coffee at one of the places in Tokyo that has "lotus" in its name:
  • Lotus Cafe in Omotesando: light meals and drinks
  • Lotus Lounge in Gaienmae (Japanese website): Thai, Indian and other Asian food and drinks
  • Hikiniku Lotus in Tamachi (Japanese website): Izakaya-style restaurant
  • Lotus Palace in Akasaka: Vietnamese restaurant
  • Coffee Lotus near Tokyo Station (Japanese website): just coffee

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@GetawayDriving Posting here, as it's not really a "car event". All forum members are welcome to join! Y’all can even go to the Japan Mobility Show 2023 together if you want (that would be a "car event", so belongs in the other thread).

フォーラム・メンバーが米国から来日予定とのことなので「メシでもどうよ」と。せっかくなので店名に「ロータス」が含まれているものを候補に挙げてみました。都合のつく方はぜひいらして下さい!

I'll be around until Friday (27th), so maybe we can work something out --- grab a bite or some coffee at one of the places in Tokyo that has "lotus" in its name:
  • Lotus Cafe in Omotesando: light meals and drinks
  • Lotus Lounge in Gaienmae (Japanese website): Thai, Indian and other Asian food and drinks
  • Hikiniku Lotus in Tamachi (Japanese website): Izakaya-style restaurant
  • Lotus Palace in Akasaka: Vietnamese restaurant
  • Coffee Lotus near Tokyo Station (Japanese website): just coffee

This sounds great. I'm attending the show as press, so I'm actually going Oct. 24-26. I'd be open to meeting up any one of those nights, or could plan to head there a day or two early.

Curious if anyone here has recommendations on the best wards to use as a base to explore the city for a week or so? Shinjuku City and Ginza seem to be the popular answers but their pricing and availability seem to reflect their popularity. I typically try to find neighborhoods that are lovely / charming, near public transit, with decent grocery / dining options of its own but maybe removed from city center enough to be a stronger value. Based on that description, do any wards come to mind?

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This sounds great. I'm attending the show as press, so I'm actually going Oct. 24-26. I'd be open to meeting up any one of those nights, or could plan to head there a day or two early.
Great ! 24 or 25 would be fine with me. Let's see who else can join.
来週の24日か25日に都内で食事に行ける人いますか?

Curious if anyone here has recommendations on the best wards to use as a base to explore the city for a week or so? Shinjuku City and Ginza seem to be the popular answers but their pricing and availability seem to reflect their popularity. I typically try to find neighborhoods that are lovely / charming, near public transit, with decent grocery / dining options of its own but maybe removed from city center enough to be a stronger value. Based on that description, do any wards come to mind?
Most people would say that their ward is the best ;) so just go with what suits your budget. That said, I would recommend you stay within the center of Tokyo if you want to go exploring --- Chuo, Minato, Shinagawa, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Taito, Sumida, Koto wards. No worries about public transportation, food, groceries in any part of Tokyo, but the underlined ones are a bit removed from the busy parts so probably better value.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great ! 24 or 25 would be fine with me. Let's see who else can join.
来週の24日か25日に都内で食事に行ける人いますか?

Most people would say that their ward is the best ;) so just go with what suits your budget. That said, I would recommend you stay within the center of Tokyo if you want to go exploring --- Chuo, Minato, Shinagawa, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Taito, Sumida, Koto wards. No worries about public transportation, food, groceries in any part of Tokyo, but the underlined ones are a bit removed from the busy parts so probably better value.

Thank you for this!

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
本日 15:00 頃に原宿ショールーム近辺を不審にうろついてみます。徒歩で。

Reactions: ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am inside and workingn on this.
So difficult, because of its size!! (Using 3M 1080 film)

BTW, please say Hi to 小松さん in Harajuku if you don’t mind!

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 18

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all, new member here.

Quick intro: I'm originally from Barcelona (Catalonia), but I have been living in Japan for 22 years: 18 years in central Tokyo, and I moved to Saitama 4 years ago.

I ordered my Emira last Saturday at the Lotus Yokohama dealer: Toyota V6 with manual transmission and sports suspension, in Seneca blue with the full black pack. I'll probably wrap it yellow at some point.

It's probably going to take 2-3 weeks until all the paperwork is done and I can go pick it up. I'm going to be counting the days. :)

Also, a fun story: when I arrived to the Lotus dealer I initially spoke to a Japanese guy, but while I was there looking at the car a young foreign salesman approached me and asked whether I spoke English. Turns out he's Catalan like me, from a city near to where I grew up. For the ~3 hours I was at the shop we were speaking Catalan all the time (and Japanese when the other Japanese salesman or their boss was involved).

Needless to say, I'll be going all the way from Saitama to the Yokohama shop whenever I have to take the car for maintenance or inspections. :)

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Benvingut ! Looks like you found the best dealer for you - just wondering, why did you pick Yokohama in the first place?
Once you get comfortable with your car, we can meet up!

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Benvigut!
Welcome to the. party and. congratulations on receiving an Emira. in such short period
Thanks! Are you driving yours in Bilbao? If it was me I would be very worried about parking it on the street over there, or anywhere else in Spain for that matter. :oops:

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Benvingut ! Looks like you found the best dealer for you - just wondering, why did you pick Yokohama in the first place?
I picked Yokohama because initially I wanted the touring suspension. I checked the list of available cars online (http://www.lotus-cars.jp/usedcar/index.html), and they either didn't have any Emiras (Tokorozawa, Ibaraki, Tokyo/Witham) or they had some but they were listed as coming with the sports suspension. Lotus Yokohama had two listed, but they didn't specify whether they were the touring or sports chassis, so I called them and made an appointment.

I could have just asked on the phone, but I wanted to see the car in person anyway.

Once you get comfortable with your car, we can meet up!
That will be great. It will take me a while to get comfortable, because I haven't driven a manual for over 20 years and it will probably take me a little while to get used to it. I will probably be terrified to drive it home the first day. 😓

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks! Are you driving yours in Bilbao? If it was me I would be very worried about parking it on the street over there, or anywhere else in Spain for that matter. :oops:
Yes, based in Bilbao. Definitely trying to avoid street parking unless on close sight!
Although I have to tell you that this car around here generally gets more sympathy than hate.
rgds,
Javier