Japan - Emira Test Drives (エミーラ試乗体験) - posts in Japanese

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for sharing very deep your impression at Emira. I think LCI Tokyo can offer you a test drive with V6 MT as I did. I assume some different impression you would have at MT. I didn't see any communication problem with my iPhone13 by wire.

Thanks for your kind comment, Nick219. Yes, I believe I will get access to a V6 MT in the near future. I hope you understood that I got a fairly good impression of the car despite the minor criticism that I expressed. Even the connection with my iPhone worked most of the time. However, as a navigation system for a car; this is far below what I am used to even in a much older car. I will not go on with too many details, because it may cause misunderstanding.

When I get my own car, I will deal with the navigation and audio of my car to hopefully get it to function to my satisfaction. I am still very much a fan of the Emira, and I still think that I made the right choice of engine and gearbox version that will most likely fit me: The AMG M 139 (i4) with AMG DCT.

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, I also placed the order of AMG i4 DCT and hope this also fit my needs! My question is when i4 is coming (even mafufacutured) to the market....

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, I also placed the order of AMG i4 DCT and hope this also fit my needs! My question is when i4 is coming (even mafufacutured) to the market....

According to LCI Limited staff, the first i4 cars destined for Japan will be manufactured in early January and be shipped to Japan shortly thereafter. I am very early in the Japan queue for i4 FE. You probably know where your own place is. It would be nice if our cars arrive in the next few months so that we can meet up and enjoy some touring together.

(Please note that I have slightly edited my text above describing my drive of LCI DEMO V6 Automatic. It is a very fine car, and it will make many customers happy. But I realized that it isn’t the right choice for me😇 )

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Tokion How were the brakes? Did you find them too grabby at low speeds?
やっぱり低速では「カックン」ブレーキでしたか?

Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Tokion How were the brakes? Did you find them too grabby at low speeds?
やっぱり低速では「カックン」ブレーキでしたか?

The brakes were excellent, and they were not too grabby at any speed; low or high. I assume the demo car has already been driven quite a few kilometers (although I completely forgot to take notice of the exact number of kilometers indicated.)

My max speed (that I remember) was right below 150 kh/h. Obviously some of the drive was also at quite low speeds like anything between 10 km/h to 30 km/h that you experience in typical city traffic.

I also have no complaint about the height of the brake pedal, or the point where it is at when the brake calipers start hugging the discs. There are actually many aspects of the Emira V6 Automatic that I am quite happy about❣️

(Feel free to translate into Japanese 😍)

Last edited:

khiro

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LCI Limitedのスタッフによると、日本向けの最初のi4車は1月上旬に製造され、その後すぐに日本に出荷される予定だという。私は i4 FE の日本の列にかなり早くから入っています。きっと自分の居場所がどこにあるのか知っているはずです。今後数か月以内に私たちの車が到着して、会って一緒にツーリングを楽しめるといいですね。

(LCI DEMO V6 オートマチックのドライブについて説明した上記のテキストを少し編集していることに注意してください。これは非常に素晴らしい車であり、多くの顧客を満足させるでしょう。しかし、それが私にとって正しい選択ではないことに気づきました😇 )
私 hope so.....

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i4が待ちきれないので、土曜日に東京原宿でV6ATを試乗することにしました...
何時ごろですか?
偶然、通りがかったりして

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i4が待ちきれないので、土曜日に東京原宿でV6ATを試乗することにしました...
現在飛行機でイギリスを向かっています。インタネットがあるため、フォ-ラムをチェック。私と同じくV6 Automaticを体験することは良いですが、I4と比べることにはならない。私にとってはV6 Automaticは好みではありません。もちろん各人の意見は違います。まもなくI4が日本に到着すると信じております。これを乗ってから決めた方が良いとおもいます。自分は最後まで待つつもりです。V6 Aの体験エンジョイしてください。私はKen-O-Do含め3時間ぐらいのりました。

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
現在飛行機でイギリスを向かっています。インタネットがあるため、フォ-ラムをチェック。私と同じくV6 Automaticを体験することは良いですが、I4と比べることにはならない。私にとってはV6 Automaticは好みではありません。もちろん各人の意見は違います。まもなくI4が日本に到着すると信じております。これを乗ってから決めた方が良いとおもいます。自分は最後まで待つつもりです。V6 Aの体験エンジョイしてください。私はKen-O-Do含め3時間ぐらいのりました。
I assume khiro just wants to drive Emira while waiting for i4 since there has been long time after depositing some money....
I also sometimes contact my sales consultant to ask for "test-drive" to keep my motivation although it is V6.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You're lucky to be able to test drive something while waiting. I wasn't given the chance. Exterior and interior colors, suspension, drivetrain, all selected blindfolded. Very happy with the end result, though !
私の場合は一切「試乗」の機会なく紙の上のスペックだけで仕様決定→支払、となりました。結果オーライですが。

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume khiro just wants to drive Emira while waiting for i4 since there has been long time after depositing some money....
I also sometimes contact my sales consultant to ask for "test-drive" to keep my motivation although it is V6.

Yes, we are all in the same boat. I am waiting too. khiro should enjoy his V6 Automatic test drive, and maybe he will like it more than I did? I do not intend to influence others, other than telling everyone my own opinion. And as I already said; I also test-drove the very same V6 Automatic car, that also you seem to have driven (YouTube) at Harajuku LCI. Nothing wrong with that. Let’s all enjoy Lotus Emira whatever version and type.

Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You're lucky to be able to test drive something while waiting. I wasn't given the chance. Exterior and interior colors, suspension, drivetrain, all selected blindfolded. Very happy with the end result, though !
私の場合は一切「試乗」の機会なく紙の上のスペックだけで仕様決定→支払、となりました。結果オーライですが。
Yes, virtualmacho, but I have waited longer than you 🤣🤣🤣

Also, if I were to have another version of Emira (than i4), I would personally have chosen exactly the one you have with V6 Manual and sports suspension (not an automatic with touring suspension).

Yes, Virtualmacho.
でも私はあなたより長く待っています 🤣🤣🤣

また、私がエミラの別のバージョン(i4 以外)を所有するとしたら、私は個人的に、V6 マニュアルとスポーツ サスペンションを備えたものを正確に選択するでしょう(ツーリング サスペンションを備えたオートマチックではありません)。

(I understand some people have other reasons to choose automatic. In my own case I am able and licensed to drive both. I am not choosing DCT because I need an automatic.)

(オートマチックを選択する他の理由がある人もいることは理解しています。私自身の場合、両方を運転することができ、免許も持っています。オートマチックが必要だからDCTを選択しているわけではありません。)

khiro

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's right. Since I live in a rural area, I don't usually have the opportunity to test drive the car. In addition, there is no chance to see the real cars. This opportunity is the most effective way to keep me motivated.

Last edited:
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@khiro Wait... You're coming all the way to Tokyo to test drive? We can go out for a beer or snacks after if you're up to it.
あれ?まさか試乗のためだけにわざわざ原宿に来るのではないですよね?もしお時間があれば、その辺でおやつ/食事/飲みでもいかがですか?

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1000006768.jpg

@khiro prepping for a test drive.
いってらっしゃ~い!

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a great time talking with you. Thaks Virtualmacho!
It was great to meet you too. Hope your i4 gets delivered SOON !
@khiro さんの i4 が届く頃には雪も溶けてドライブの季節になっているでしょう。その頃に遊びに行きますね!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts